Periodic FPS slowdown?

Hard drive shouldn't affect it too much as i've not seen PoE really hitting the drive too hard. I do however recommend a 7200 drive or SSD for any kind of gaming for obvious reasons.
Vengeance of the Fallen
Last edited by SoulForge on Jan 26, 2013, 5:00:32 PM
Hello I am also having frame rate issues, which is strange as I can play games like Far Cry 3 and Metro 2033 on max settings with no problems.

My setup is

i5-3570k @3.4GHz
MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" SSD
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

I have had significant frame rate issues in the Act 3 "sewer" areas.

I also have some frame rate drops when using skills for the first time, or when others do so.

My drivers are all up to date.

Something to note is that I had the game installed on the Hard drive, I am currently moving it to the SSD to see if that will help. Also note that the other games I mentioned at the beginning are also on the HDD.

PS: I am having some graphical issues where tiles will just go completely black.
Im having exactly same problems with drops of fps its pretty annyoing.Drops from 60 to like 5 fps for 2 sec. So far i noticed that it is happening in Act 2. As i remeber i didnt have any problems in closed beta.

Win7 64
Intel Core i3
2x ATI Radeon HD6850's
4 GB Ram

Latly reinstalled my drivers and installed Catalyst its still the same
Even though it sucks for all of us having this problem im kinda glad im not alone with this
Yeah, it does seem to be a semi common issue with the frame rates fluctuating all the way down.

Did any of you guys try reinstalling your drivers like I did? After I did that my problem with frame rates lowering down during combat was solved completely. However it did not fix 2D menu performance as I talked about in my prior post, which I would very much *love* it to be fixed.

I'd also like to add that the 2D menu when right clicking a party member to send trade unfriend etc slows down the frame rate a bunch as well, didn't look at specifics though.
My fps in group fights is 3-6fps in heavy aoe situations.

Quad-core
4gb ddr3
nvidia 680gtx
intel SSD

i've tried newest beta drivers for my 680, tried latest certified, and even rolled back to older drivers.

Games like farcry3 didnt give me trouble but poe does.
yep i have the same problem , somehow poe become laggy if i open firefox , or using amd gaming evolved software , weird that some games like archeage have no lagg . feels like poe somehow triger if you leave something open in windows , my pc is good enought to handle alot multitasking but poe somehow .

ofcouse some will say dont use it when you playing poe, but : if i wont use firefox i dont have chance to find items from poexiz , ofcouse if i turn on , buy and turn off problem wont disapear until i turn off poe .

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info