PLZ help, Game crash ! Cant start it.

After normal first loading and char creation screen game starts 2 load first location in game and crashes in this place. I see in log that i enter location but i see only mouse cursor (disapearing for sec) and a loading picture. Music played in background is cutting. Is that possible that my comp is too weak ? Cant start on min quality settings or windowed.

MY SPECS
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
ATI Radeon x1650 Pro (256MB ddr3)
2GB RAM.

Many others games of that type works on this configuration so pls give me good advices
Last edited by killa551 on Aug 20, 2012, 4:51:40 PM
See if there is an update for your video card driver. Even if it works ok with other games this could be an issue. From the login screen drop some of the video settings. I have an older system also and turned off shadows. I have been told running in windowed mode is harder on a computer than full screen. The game has not been optimized and chews up ram. So kill anything running on the computer that you can. If you leave the computer on all of the time ram can get clogged up by not releasing unused memory. Shut the system off for a few minutes then reboot. This should clear any clogged up memory.
Yeah, your card should be able to run the game, though not particularly well. As Klake suggests, update your graphics card drivers, that'd be your best bet.
Balance & Design
How much memory is available before you start the game?

Close all applications you don't need and try again.

If you use Vista it that might be the reason because Vista is a memory hog.
For me personally,

I always get crashes when i've loaded more then 3-5 locations

It seems as if it builds up all the game info...from start..till crash

I can spam & reset dungeons without any problem...but when i progress through multiple areas..it just keeps taking more and more memory till it exceeds what my PC can handle.

I got 4gig memory and 1gig hd4870 i believe :p

there should be some 'reset' function to 'release' the old data you've loaded...

I dunno if it makes any sense but thats just from my experiences
"
killa551 wrote:
After normal first loading and char creation screen game starts 2 load first location in game and crashes in this place. I see in log that i enter location but i see only mouse cursor (disapearing for sec) and a loading picture. Music played in background is cutting. Is that possible that my comp is too weak ? Cant start on min quality settings or windowed.

MY SPECS
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
ATI Radeon x1650 Pro (256MB ddr3)
2GB RAM.

Many others games of that type works on this configuration so pls give me good advices

Please tell me your Windows Version.

If i see right... u only have 2GB DDRX RAM on your machine.
Windows versions like vista or win7 take 2GB at startup.
So u have no more RAM for starting the game.

It may helps if u convert some GB's of your HDD to VirtualRAM (Enlarge the outsourcing file/Enlarge the "swap") if u have 8GB's free try to use minimal size "4096" and
max. size "8192" then reboot your machine and try the game!
Last edited by tronic on Aug 21, 2012, 7:54:30 AM
"
Anthraxx wrote:
For me personally,

I always get crashes when i've loaded more then 3-5 locations

It seems as if it builds up all the game info...from start..till crash

I can spam & reset dungeons without any problem...but when i progress through multiple areas..it just keeps taking more and more memory till it exceeds what my PC can handle.

I got 4gig memory and 1gig hd4870 i believe :p

there should be some 'reset' function to 'release' the old data you've loaded...

I dunno if it makes any sense but thats just from my experiences

Thats not exactly... are u using a CREATIVE SOUND Device?
If using a CREATIVE X-Fi SOUND Device the BSOD System crash error PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA IS RELATED TO THE XRAM of your Sound device.
I've created a fix for this look http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/47094
the download link is actualy disabled by Moderators but i've make the source code open for the Game Designers so they may spout out a official fix for everyone.
If u can't wait contact me i send u the fix.
Last edited by tronic on Aug 21, 2012, 8:10:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info