So I tried d2 for the first time.....

"
sallee wrote:
Its funny how people limit them selves on certain kind of game and call other style crappy or childish or dunno.Im 24 and i love Dragon Age(first game) for its story and gameplay,i love Witcher games,Neverwinter Nights and elder scrolls,i love D2 and Planescape torment and my favorite game of all time is FF7.All of u that call Final Fantasy games childish are childish yourself,Final Fantasy 7 have by far best story ever made in any game but if some of u like more to spam shitty mobs more then for story its your thing but dont call those that prefer good story childish.Its different category of games and gamers have different tastes,like with food and music,u cant call them childish...

Not true. Chrono Trigger still is, and probably always will be, the greatest RPG ever. FF7 was fucking awesome, but it's no Chrono Trigger.
dark souls one of best game last time =P
IGN: UgaBugaMajkaFaja
The best rpg i ever played was with my wife ;)
I picked it up for the first time 2ish years ago and I must say that it's an excellent game.

I was playing together with my brother (self found since we were playing over lan) who was playing a javazon and I played a ww barb.

I never finished the game on hell difficulty because it was way to hard, way harder than poe is.

My most notable loot was Duriels shell, Titans revenge and blood tree stump.

D2 is really good.
Boulder bros
You dont know a game until you have played it long enough to see through its shell of graphics and such things to become one with the actual gameplay.

"
emtwo wrote:
"
sallee wrote:
Its funny how people limit them selves on certain kind of game and call other style crappy or childish or dunno.Im 24 and i love Dragon Age(first game) for its story and gameplay,i love Witcher games,Neverwinter Nights and elder scrolls,i love D2 and Planescape torment and my favorite game of all time is FF7.All of u that call Final Fantasy games childish are childish yourself,Final Fantasy 7 have by far best story ever made in any game but if some of u like more to spam shitty mobs more then for story its your thing but dont call those that prefer good story childish.Its different category of games and gamers have different tastes,like with food and music,u cant call them childish...

Not true. Chrono Trigger still is, and probably always will be, the greatest RPG ever. FF7 was fucking awesome, but it's no Chrono Trigger.

Probably the greatest RPG i know is Planescape Torment, but for hack n slashes, which i prefer over pure rpgs, D1-2 is still my most revered throughout time.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 21, 2013, 7:40:07 AM
"
Sedol wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

lol it's cuz you botted for everything or spent cash to get gear.
Of course I did. Why would I work for gear when I could get the best set of gear for like $10 a piece? Enigma, ebotd etc. It would be silly not to

Because video game =/= stock market.

Try just sitting down and playing a game rather than turning it into this lame-brain race to the top to achieve.... oh yeah, nothing. Because it's a freaking video game.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Vakirauta wrote:
I still play 10-20 years old games, some of which are still superior to nowadays games where everything is made for little children's eyes and money. Gameplay and story was where it was at.

Spoken like a true prodigy. I still play D2, frozen throne, NOLF and just so many other older games and just for fun.

I never understood the craze about getting to the top fast using RMT sites and being level boosted by others.

Games should not be a second job, they should be played for fun.
lol, not to mention that one of the things that made d2 great, and that makes games like poe great now is community and playerbase. im sure that there are still some ppl playing, but you kinda missed the golden age of the game by a couple decades.

Looking for a perfect Goldwrap.. anyone...anyone.....ANYONE!!.....
do what you want to the girl, but leave me alone.
Last edited by GDSLICK on Jul 21, 2013, 5:04:11 PM
"
GDSLICK wrote:
lol, not to mention that one of the things that made d2 great, and that makes games like poe great now is community and playerbase. im sure that there are still some ppl playing, but you kinda missed the golden age of the game by a couple decades.

Looking for a perfect Goldwrap.. anyone...anyone.....ANYONE!!.....

People were assholes in Diablo 2 though :D But it was still so much fun, and the chat channels made it possible to find good people as well. Really hope GGG will nail social aspects (and pvp).
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Reading a lot of "I don't understand the love for D2" comments.

Please understand that it is a generational thing. My daughter said the same thing about Star Wars. What she didn't understand was there was nothing like Star Wars before it hit the theaters.

D2 was similar to that. Yes there were other ARPG games out there, but the design and game play were fresh and new.

And the game could tax the systems of the time. I played Half Life when it first came out and my loading times were horrible and I couldn't think about playing it in 'High'. Last year threw it in to see if I still would enjoy it and the loading times were 2 to 3 seconds now with everything set to max.

So when questioning another generations love for something, try and understand the context for which they are remembering it in. (If you live long enough, you will do it too.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info