So I tried d2 for the first time.....

D2:LOD is still the best experience I've ever had with an ARPG. D3 and POE tries to milk it but do it poorly.

Sure D2 is dated now. But it got so many things right that it's shocking how many ARPG developers try to reinvent the wheel.
My experience in the game was leveling out of normal then doing baal runs with bots for like a week straight untill I got higher level, bought Ebotd and some other sword (I was stupid and bought swords instead of axes) on my frenzy barb. I hate pvp, pve was boring. All in all the game lasted me two weeks and was free. But yes I agree, I didn't like it much
"
Sedol wrote:
My experience in the game was leveling out of normal then doing baal runs with bots for like a week straight untill I got higher level, bought Ebotd and some other sword (I was stupid and bought swords instead of axes) on my frenzy barb. I hate pvp, pve was boring. All in all the game lasted me two weeks and was free. But yes I agree, I didn't like it much

lol it's cuz you botted for everything or spent cash to get gear.
Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jul 21, 2013, 3:01:37 AM
Diablo 2 is still the best game in existence, it's only let down by its netcode. I wish someone would make a standalone game based on Diablo 2 pvp (with its own engine, I know there are private d2 pvp servers).

The hostile button added so much depth and longevity to the game it's unbelievable.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
I have all the characteristics of a human being: flesh, blood, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly blood-lust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

Of course I did. Why would I work for gear when I could get the best set of gear for like $10 a piece? Enigma, ebotd etc. It would be silly not to
I never played D2 at the time, but in the leadup to D3 coming out I went pretty hard. Seemed a good game to me still.

Wolfenstein 3d ftw. (sweet memories)
We tested it extensively
"
Sedol wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:

Of course I did. Why would I work for gear when I could get the best set of gear for like $10 a piece? Enigma, ebotd etc. It would be silly not to

He's pointing out the fact that you gimped your own experience by circumventing the item progression of the game. It's understandable now that D2 is mostly dead, it would likely take you years to complete a character but it just means your experience with Diablo 2 was cheap and inaccurate.

When the game was thriving, people were shunned and excluded for buying items with real money. Now it's only the people participating in RMT left, they're done playing the game but they aren't finished creating characters.

You never played the game.
sry ive seen godly and godlys dont lose hp wich wuold pretty much be a smiter with life tap
IGN: danknugsblazedopeswag
"
grepman wrote:
"
Firecrest5 wrote:
THis just in: 20 year old game not as good as games now. No one surprised.
actually most 15-20 year old games are miles better than crappy generic streamlined shit that comes out nowadays.

and no, D2 is not shit at all.

Agree, most newer games are focusing on graphics not gameplay.
Nothing to see here.
Amazing,I just played D2 last night,seemed as good as ever to me,no need for rose colored glasses here. =P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info