So I tried d2 for the first time.....

d2 is still a great game. i was actually playing it before onslaught came out.

i bet you barely got through act 1.
"We believe - so we're misled, we assume - so we're played, we confide - so we're deceived, we trust - so we're betrayed"
Last edited by silidons on Jul 21, 2013, 12:15:17 AM
The reigning king of ARPGs is Mass Effect. ME2 was the best of them.

For pure RPG, best of all time was Planescape: Torment.
Last edited by Courageous on Jul 21, 2013, 12:23:52 AM
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Are you 12 years old? That would explain everything.

Are you 40?
I was always a fan of chrono trigger and secrets of evermore.
I still haven't played D2 either. One reason is, I know it won't be what it once was because I'm playing so long after it came out. I don't want to be disappointed. I will play it eventually and as long as i find cool loot and get to hack the hoiy hell out of things, I should like it.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
I never really understood the "hype" around planescape torment. It is nothing special. Very overrated to be honest. It was just a parody on classic rpg's. Nothing more, nothing less. Baldur's Gate 2 is a far better rpg if it boils down to actual gameplay.

I do am looking forward to Divinity Original Sin. Just to put Flanders on the map of pc gaming. Other notable titles in the future: Project Eternity and Chaos Chronicles.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
My collection might be smaller than others but at least I played the game fair and square.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Firecrest5 wrote:
THis just in: 20 year old game not as good as games now. No one surprised.

Also just in: Old gamers who associate a deeply significant period of their lives with playing D2 defend it while deriding current games to make theirs seem better in comparison.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I don't get why some games are called RPG, or ARPG. RPG is a role playing game. Planescape was an RPG, Baldur's gate ok, Icewind dale not that much. But diablo? Click and kill? Story line, ok there was some story line, but really who cares, go kill some monsters. Same for PoE. I would rather call those games Hack and Slash type. I heard for the 1st time that Diablo or PoE are ARPG few months ago. I'm waiting for the moment when people will call FPS shooter an ARPG, and RTS like Wc3 an SRPG.

Diablo 2 was great, I spent really much time doing mephisto runs years ago. But now I would probably get bored after few hours.

Last edited by CookieVortex on Jul 21, 2013, 1:24:52 AM
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Are you 12 years old? That would explain everything.

Wouldn't surprise me much. In another thread he talked about loving Best in Slot uniques as opposed to balanced ones. Could be wrong but it just sounds like something a younger gamer would like.
Standard Forever
D2 was great but I feel like POE is the same or even better than D2.

This is just the overall feel I have for the 2 games.

D3 sucks and will continue to sucks no matter who they bring in to be the game director. The base of the game is broken and crappy to start with so adding more content will still suck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info