Stop Buying Support Packs to Speed Release

Over a year of beta, one million dollars in revenue and still not released?

The support packs DO NOT speed game completion. They delay it.

The support packs are an excuse (intentional or otherwise)to keep the beta extended as long as possible and using the excuse of "polishing the game".

$1,000,000 (revenue after CC fees) divided by 18 staff = $55,555 per employee (not considering hardware purchase costs).

Starve GGG for money and see how fast the game gets released and the micro transaction system is accessible.

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/microtransactions

The ARPG model is not new and their graphics engine isn't groundbreaking. There is no reason for over a year in beta unless GGG likes the support pack revenue model, is incompetent or both.
Last edited by ZsaszIX on Aug 20, 2012, 12:21:54 PM
Oh great, now you are spamming this nonsense.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Oh great, now you are spamming this nonsense.

So facts are nonsense? Or you can't refute the stated facts?
"
ZsaszIX wrote:
So facts are nonsense? Or you can't refute the stated facts?

Or maybe I don't want PoE to become Diablo 3. Is it that hard to say it?
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 20, 2012, 12:29:51 PM
You already made this post, why copy it.
Don't spam this forum please.
"
Ricebal wrote:
You already made this post, why copy it.
Don't spam this forum please.

You didn't read the new information?

Release forces a faster evolution and correction of issues while allowing for the microtransaction system to generate more income to hire more staff for faster fixes.

Any assumption that people will abandon the game for glitches is not supported. People are still buying support packs refuting that assumption.

To repeat: If GGG doesn't have Support Pack revenue the game will be released faster, the bugs will be fixed faster and GGG will generate more income for expansion.

PoE become Diablo3? That's a stretch by any measure.
Last edited by ZsaszIX on Aug 20, 2012, 12:35:13 PM
Even if everybody stopped buying packs I doubt GGG would release this early. I don't know if you went into the HQ with a gun if you could make them release this game before they are ready. Personally I approve of waiting till you have a solid product before releasing. Diablo 3 still needs tons of work and everybody is mad that patches aren't coming fast enough. They should have spent more time in beta and actually listened to the customers like GGG is doing. I personally hate it when developers rush their game and you constantly have to patch the game every time you turn around.
It's economics. More income, more staff, better game.

Diablo 3 critiques are the flavor-of-the-month and have no bearing on PoE.

The entire first act of Diablo 3 is now free-to-play generating more interest, revenue, etc.

Diablo 3 is out, Torchlight 2 in a few weeks, eating into the ARPG base.

Last edited by ZsaszIX on Aug 20, 2012, 12:43:42 PM
"
ZsaszIX wrote:
To repeat: If GGG doesn't have Support Pack revenue the game will be released faster, the bugs will be fixed faster and GGG will generate more income for expansion.

PoE become Diablo3? That's a stretch by any measure.

Releasing a game that is still has some ways to go will only hurt GGG.

We recently had 10 mini patches in a span of three weeks, which most of them dealt with bugs. I think GGG already has that "bugs will be fixed faster" covered.

GGG will still generate income once they implement the two upcoming major patches, which will give the green light for open beta.

"
ZsaszIX wrote:
It's economics. More income, more staff, better game.

Diablo 3 critiques are the flavor-of-the-month and have no bearing on PoE.

The first act (until sket king) of Diablo 3 is now free-to-play generating more interest, revenue, etc.

Diablo 3 is out, Torchlight 2 in a few weeks, eating into the ARPG base.

Oh, now blizz take that approach after they left it rot for about four months. They should have done that since day one. They pretty much milked us for the next wow expansion and sc2 expansion.

If I remember correctly, Torchlight 2 won't be coming out until late September or early October from what I recently read in their forum.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 20, 2012, 12:47:34 PM
@op

You are getting it the wrong way.
More supporters => more money => more time to polish the game without beeing forced to release it.

Which ultimately implies that people won't stop playing it after two days because it's not finished or too buggy. Which means it will help the game to build a solid and large base of players that will support it for a long time.

It is a good thing. I advise you to find something else to do until it's released. Or if you are that desperate, just support it too.
Last edited by DoomSpirit on Aug 20, 2012, 12:45:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info