What's this game like?

I've seen some gameplay of PoE on YouTube and it looked really exciting. I've played Diablo 3 which I also really liked, so I'm wondering whether I should help kickstart this game or not. I've heard this should have been Diablo 3, which makes me really excited.

So, should I kickstart or wait for a beta key?
Up to you OP. If you cannot wait for open beta, and really want to play the game, or get an idea of the classes you try out (since there will a character wipe before open beta), then $10 support is not difficult, hopefully. $10 should get you a key and 100 (microtranactions) points which can be used for cash shop items.

Otherwise, you can wait out another month or two (or possibly more) before open beta launches.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 20, 2012, 12:21:14 PM
Kickstart, it's totally worth it. Very fun game and much more complex than D3 but in a good way.
Well I paid 15 dollars 5 days ago and I think it's more than worth the money. The first few levels feel slow and kinda boring but when you get new skills and better gear, it becomes twice as fun. I'd say kickstart it
I'd say it this way:

As i bought Diablo 3 I actually wanted Diablo 2 2.0, what i got was Diablo 3, a good game which i enjoyed many hours, but it hasn't had the motivational factors of Diablo 2.

Then i bought PoE and i got my Diablo 2 2.0, true heir to the series in my opinion.
Well, these posts sound really promising. Guess I'm going to kickstart, thanks for the replies guys ;D
Path of Exile is more awesome than this: http://sieni.us/?id=40
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
Last edited by CetniK on Aug 28, 2012, 3:21:29 PM
"
Mr_Smith wrote:
I'd say it this way:

As i bought Diablo 3 I actually wanted Diablo 2 2.0, what i got was Diablo 3, a good game which i enjoyed many hours, but it hasn't had the motivational factors of Diablo 2.

Then i bought PoE and i got my Diablo 2 2.0, true heir to the series in my opinion.

Word out of my mouth. I was looking for Diablo 2 2.0 too, not Diablo 3. While I did had hours in it too, it was just sad how miserable they did things there.

The way Diablo 3 is made, they decide how YOU should be playing their game. They don't let you farm objects or story bosses. Is there a point in killing the white monsters in Diablo 3? Not really. The only time I decide to kill them is when I have like 20 of them chasing me. Can you stack Attack Speed? Not as much as before.

Games are meant to be "broken" end game, not lumping the worst guy with the best guy.
Of course you should help kickstart it.
Are you willing to pay 60 dollars, of which the publishers gets the largest share, but not 10 dollars of which ONLY the developers get?

I don't want to sound like a liberal douche, but I really like this kickstart thing, it means that the actual people that have a passion about something and that are putting in work are the ones that are actually affected beneficially by my decision to buy the game.
Traditionally, people needed a publisher for the security it incurred, but now days people actually pay them up front just to develop the game.
Developers get their financial future secured, and buyers get the price severely reduced.

The only problem I see with this is that people are only willing to pay money for something established, which sucks for new indie developers, but I guess PoE is the exception to this.

Anyways, YES YOU FUCKING CHEAP SKATE, BREAK YOUR GODDAMN PIGGY BANK AND PAY THESE HARD WORKING DUDES 10 $!
You pay 60 $ for distilled shit, but yet you are reluctant to pay 10 $ for something that while you might still hate it, you know those 10 $ are going to be appreciated!
"
Apeforce wrote:
Anyways, YES YOU FUCKING CHEAP SKATE, BREAK YOUR GODDAMN PIGGY BANK AND PAY THESE HARD WORKING DUDES 10 $!
You pay 60 $ for distilled shit, but yet you are reluctant to pay 10 $ for something that while you might still hate it, you know those 10 $ are going to be appreciated!

...........lol
Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info