Skill gems - recipes

Hey all

I'm not quite sure of how the skill gems work as a value. I have been playing a bit, but I don't like playing too much as there will be a wipe, which is why I supported with money instead.

I would really like to know, if there is any meaning in lvl'ing gems other than the extra buffs they get? I mean, will a lvl 20 skill gem give you other options when selling to vendors as recipes? If I have 2x ice nova gems, it would be nice to have a reason to lvl it up - because the skill gem is so easy to get, so it will probably not be worth a lot when trading.

Does anybody know? Or shall I just stack them up and use them as recipes when they're lvl 1?
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Aug 20, 2012, 9:15:13 AM
So there is no reason to lvl gems up - other than the rare ones?
"
ongZ wrote:
So there is no reason to lvl gems up - other than the rare ones?

End game my friend. Someone may pay big for a lvl 20 gem.
And they can be used to make +all attribute amulets among other recipes
“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” - Gandhi
"
ongZ wrote:

I mean, will a lvl 20 skill gem give you other options when selling to vendors as recipes?

Answer is no if you sell it to vendors. However, there are many who will pay big for lvl 20 gems if it can be ulitised by many classes, for example, phase run.

Bigger payment for lvl 20 with quality in it, something like a +10% should be able to reap huge rewards.

Problem now is I don't think there's anyone that has a lvl 20 gem as for now (Correct me if I'm wrong).

Spoiler
When open beta is released, try to utilize every empty sockets you have to level gems are desirable by many even if you don't use it. By end game, you can sell them for big prizes.

I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
Last edited by Immortalsoul on Aug 20, 2012, 10:12:44 PM
I have phase run and ground slam 20lvl
Thanks for answers :) - This leads to a new question :P

Can I find a better quality Ice Nova gem later in game? - Which then makes the gem I get after reaching town a1 normal useless? I'm a little confused about "quality gems".

EDIT: Nvm, I think I got it.
Last edited by ongZ on Aug 21, 2012, 7:17:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info