I gave someone a rare bow

I gave away about 15 of skill gems couple hours ago. Everyone said thx.
What upset me a little bit was when I offered them on general chat on cruel someone said: just vendor it lol. When I asked him what's so funny about giving stuff away he answered: I didn't say it's funny and stop ruining my day.

Jerk.

But everyone on normal were polite and thankful.
Well, maybe I'm just getting old, but I no longer care much about my game characters or items...I see no point being greedy about the loot (incoming wipe or not) and it's nice to share. I play to have fun not to get "rich". I don't play much multiplayer in my games, but when I do I don't mind giving away stuff. I used to do it in D3 too and a couple times I met people who would do the same (though mostly in HC).
Besides, it was greed which ruined that game, and not only dev's greed but also players' (GAH prices, RMAH, bots,...)
I dont give out many in game items as I'm normally turning em in to gd maps to test out.. I mainly give out beta keys. Given out over 60 beta keys so far.
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
if I'm cleaning my stash out in town, is it acceptable to drop items right there in town? Can others grab them? or would it clutter up town to much if everyone did it so maybe not a good thing to encourage? (also maybe spoil the game for newbies that want to work their way up and arrive in town to a floor full of loots).. thought about doing this before with items, and I don't really care if someone venders it.. whatever lol, just don't want to mess it up for others..
"
pilnomi wrote:
if I'm cleaning my stash out in town, is it acceptable to drop items right there in town? Can others grab them? or would it clutter up town to much if everyone did it so maybe not a good thing to encourage? (also maybe spoil the game for newbies that want to work their way up and arrive in town to a floor full of loots).. thought about doing this before with items, and I don't really care if someone venders it.. whatever lol, just don't want to mess it up for others..

you cant drop stuff in town, only in instanced areas..

if you drop in town, the game prompts you if you are sure you want to destroy the item
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...
I filled up a full stash tab of skill gems and supports and got really tired of looking at them. I opened a public game called free skill gems and gave them all away. I met a guy in there that had 2 days in game. We talked for a while and then i told him to wait in terraces while I grabbed some gear for him. I gave him a whole gear set up to his level. He was so happy that there were some nice people in this game.

Edit: forgot to add that i am getting full again and getting ready to help out some more newbies.
Last edited by rexxxgg on Aug 20, 2012, 9:03:05 AM
"
wade001 wrote:

you cant drop stuff in town, only in instanced areas..

if you drop in town, the game prompts you if you are sure you want to destroy the item

doh, guess I would've known that if i had just tried it, lol.. thanks for the heads up tho.
I gave out about 40 pieces during the Stress test. I only had one unique at the time and was still using it. Most were genuinely grateful.

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
it´s only beta so who cares about items?

Last time i gave some1 a lvl 57 5-Linked Weapon + 5linked lvl 54 Str-Armor and a 4 linked lvl 5X Str-Helmet

But this would be sth. i wouldn´t do on release xD
IGN: kReiZy
I periodically take overstock of gems and lower level gear I've found on alts into normal and do a message on global that I've got gems to give away for x types of builds.

The last time I did this, I only got 3 tells, but they were all from people that had just recently started playing and I was able to help 2 of the 3 out with some gear as well as gems.

They all seemed happy with the items and all 3 said thank you.

I never ask for anything in return and won't take things even if they offer. I ENJOY helping them get started with no strings attached. I remember what it was like when I started (a short 4 weeks ago) and DESPERATELY wanting one particular gem, that I just couldn't seem to find or having to choose between 2 from a quest and then never seeing the other option again.

I also don't feel the need to try and scam new people to the game out of their good currency because they don't know what they are doing yet and it makes me sad when I see people doing that :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info