I gave someone a rare bow

I just gave it to them. It was bow that I couldn't make use of anymore so I gave it away. A complete stranger.He was about 15 lv. under me and looked like he could use it.

Anyone else ever done this? I figured it's in beta anyway and people right in the game have giving me stuff too...for free!

It happens sometimes. We got some pretty nice people in the game. I don't want it to change. But right now it's a small community. I won't hold my breath about it. But I will tell you it's really is worlds away from the ''first person shooters'' that I have been playing ( Battlefield 3, CS:GO,and Blacklight Retribution etc.

And my first experience with any ARPG was Diablo 3.... after lv. 60 the upgrades available were ONLY on the Auction House. And mediocre to just good items cost the equivalent to several hundreds of hours of game play(that's making 100k-125k gold per hour).

I gave away about 5-6 stash pages of rares to a few people that joined my giveaway public game not too long ago. I'm not sure if any of them were good, I just gave them away because I stopped playing as much because of the looming wipe and didn't want to be bothered with matching the alchemy orb recipe anymore.

Only one of them said thank you if I recall correctly, needless to say I was a little upset because of this.
When I get something good and I don't particularly need anything at the time, I'll usually give it away. Otherwise I keep it until I've traded for whatever I'm in need of.

Especially since it's Closed Beta and everything will be wiped on OB release, I see no need to be stingy. Helping people progress faster so they can see/test more of the game really benefits everyone.

Most people I've done this for are genuinely happy (as far as I can tell) and thank me. Some have even given me a couple orbs after the fact even though I didn't ask for anything.
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!
I cleared out my stash once. It took hours and I'm pretty sure I lost quite a bit of it to empty instances resetting.

It's nice to help others like that. I'll probably do it a lot more once we have a good trading system, though.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I gave out 5 lvl 61 maps the other day and will give away another 5 lvl 65 maps when I get enough.

I have also told ppl to whisper me if they need maps and I'll run one of mine with them.

It's only a closed beta - not like you're giving away your inheritance - share and care ppl !
D1 - PvM D2 - PvM/PvP D3 - MvM (Money vs Monster)
I've tried, but everytime the bastards drop something on the ground for me in return...

It's impossible to be GGG in this game.
Since it's beta I trade stuff way below value if I don't need it. I've made some people happy 5L owners and sadly I'm still capped at 4L myself :|
I was helping some new players last open weekend we had. Had played with a couple of guys for awhile and was going to log off and go to bed. I gave the first guy a rare magic quiver after asking if he wanted it. I asked if the second person wanted something too. I threw another rare down for him and the first person grabbed it after I had said it was for the other guy. I know there were no rules and we don't have trade windows. What the person did was just a little low to me. I hope karma bites him in the butt.
I gave a fellow gamer a unique bow the other day
its the quill something something bow?
fairly low level stuff, but 100% attack speed and 100% projectile speed bonus, very fun to play with, I sure made him happy~!
I'm kinda shy and do my own thing in PoE. I've never joined a public game and don't really talk in chat.

That said, I wish there were an "Is This Good for You?" corner in town where people could drop items they don't want so others could look through them to see if anything is an upgrade.

For example, I don't like ranged gameplay, and every time I sell a rare bow, I feel bad thinking it might be a genuine upgrade for someone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info