Random thoughts

I decided to try and play a shadow wielding a staff to see how an unusual build could play out. The first thing I found is that there are no staff drops until the mud flats. Now I understand the drops are suppose to be random and this may have just been a fluke, but if it is not it needs to be addressed. I don't see any reason why the lowest level staff wouldn't be available to start.

Bug? My first Shadow is in Cruel and I found a good piece of armor with high evasion. As it was a normal item I used an orb to make it a rare, but only got a magical upgrade. At first I thought I had used the wrong orb and erased the properties and tried again. And got the same result.

Linking gems. I have 2 evasion gems linked in a piece of armor, but receive no addition evasion rating when activated. Just the bonus as if I had only one. Now I was hoping for double as they both are +236 evasion, but to not get any benefit is a large disappointment. (Not that it in any way takes away found an excellent game.)

Passive tree: As I am trying to build a staff wielding Shadow, I have to travel much farther down the tree to gain benefits. I am not asking that the tree be customized to suit my own choices, but while viewing the tree and trying to decide which route to take I had a thought that a third starting branch heading away from the other two might not be a bad thing. (Again, if nothing changes I will continue to play and love the game.., the Anti-Diablo3.)
1. Random is random. It's all luck. I wanted to do a double handed axe marauder and didn't find one until I was past mud flats as well. I've found them in the first area on others.

2. Are you sure you weren't using Chance Orbs? Only Alchemy have a 100% to rare conversion. Chance Orbs have a chance to only change an item to magic quality.

3. Only 1 of the same skill can be active. You can equip multiple of the same skill and give them different support gems, but you can only use 1 at a time (the current ability to use multiple summon gems of the same type ie. 2 Skeleton gems is a bug)

4. The tree used to have 3 branches but was cut down to 2 to make it less confusing for new players. It is to my understanding that they are still tweaking the tree so this could change (don't quote me on that though)
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!
"
Moonyu wrote:

Bug? My first Shadow is in Cruel and I found a good piece of armor with high evasion. As it was a normal item I used an orb to make it a rare, but only got a magical upgrade. At first I thought I had used the wrong orb and erased the properties and tried again. And got the same result.

Mind linking us the orb you are using just to clarify it isn't a bug?
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
I believe that Lazerus was correct, I did not use the right orb. Sorry about that, but I thought I had read it right. But I'm sure I didn't use an Chaos orb. If I still have a problem I will link it.

Thank you.
Again, I meant the alchemy orb. Not the Chaos orb.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Again, I meant the alchemy orb. Not the Chaos orb.

Good you found out. I believe that the chances for a rare from a chance orb are 1/4. SO you can try that if you want.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info