weapon swap skill/attack glitch or intentional?

Hiya not sure if its intentional; I want to swap to ranged weapon and use normal attack but it wont let me without cancelling my other swap skill set.

Desired:

first set of weapons(melee):

L mouse=double strike
R mouse=whirling blades

Second set of weapons(bow):

L mouse normal attack
R mouse split arrow

It saves the right mouse configuration for actual skills but if I set ranged weapon left mouse to 'normal attack' and on the switch have 'double strike'; it cancels the double strike on swap and puts both sets to 'normal attack'.
I agree that the skill bar interface can become a little clunky, depending on how you set up your weaponswap.

Currently, you can only have different skills on your bar for weaponswap if the skills are mutually exclusive (i.e. they're on your weapons) -- unless you want to manually fiddle with them after swapping.

But since default attack is available on both weaponsets, you can't use it that way. Same thing will happen if you try to use a skill on, say, your boots in the same fashion.

One of the first things you'll try to do to optimize your character is eliminate the use of default attack altogether, so not many people bring it up. Also, using your weaponswap as an aura-stick can be considered optimal -- which also helps to hide the issue you're noticing (but not completely in most cases).

Currently it works exactly the way you'd expect a weaponswap key to work. Many players, however, want to treat it more like an equipset/skillset swap, which would probably be more fun to use.

Intentional? Dunno. I could argue it both ways. ;) Probably not entirely, tho. Keep in mind that weapon-swapping is a new feature, so how it works will likely change in some way(s) in the future.
Last edited by Daemonjax on Aug 19, 2012, 3:51:08 PM
Same issue here got some skills that i really want to use when i swap to my bow.
Well I have alot of mana issues as a dagger wielding shadow so sometimes when I swap to my bow its to snipe stuff without blowing mana hence why I want to use default attack. Would help alot.

I believe theres mana leech gems and clarity later but I can vouch that early stage mana (only level 23 atm) is just non existant for a shadow and having trouble being a low 43% evasion tank without block% talents etc yet the option to use a ranged weapon to save a bit of mana and kill stuff from distance is really useful.

Sadly, it doesnt work the way I want it to but I thought id report it because it may be a bug.

NB for others with same situation; I learned that I can just map default to middle button...clunky though.
Last edited by Naiphe on Aug 19, 2012, 6:45:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info