New characters not placed in new instances.

Hi,

So I've been practicing my leveling strategies a lot lately ever since the last hardcore leveling competition which has recently involved a lot of time trying to optimize the first 5-10 minutes of the run. I'll make a new character, kill hillock, do the glyph quest and die in the cave. I then delete this character and make a new one with the exact same name. After doing this about 2-3 times I found that the map persisted and even further I could not gather glyphs in The Mud Flats because they had already been deactivated. I deleted this character, named it something entirely different and encountered the same thing. Finally I left that character alone (no deletion) and made another and again the result was the same.

How could something like this ever happen? Any insight is appreciated ^^

edit: After waiting 15 minutes before making the next character it went back to normal~
Last edited by FILM on Aug 19, 2012, 2:34:12 PM
That is strange! I couldn't reproduce this, were you doing it on Default or Hardcore? Did it happen every single time? Did you log out as soon as a character died, or return to town first? Anything else special that might be changing how it worked?
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info