Dual Wield Fire Damage Marauder Help

New to this game with my lvl 22 Maradur, I've got my base Skill Tree points in place but now it's time to branch off into something specific and I was just wondering how viable this build would be later into the game and some pointers at what to go into next for the end game content

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAAJbF5wSOp5wFkiF6B2uU1QeMEywKqDEdD0i74hDClTMSIY8jFxUX1hqR8toiQnuXK8a8yS99Gkkxk0n3PSQAtT7ARbtbPAaMYHgvrGgNYZlxaSDdefkbxc2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz9M_8Hu7ikAZojeodqh2tD3L2iudj4gRWa-YoI7VjIP08G7nL7Tqh1vjK2hFiYOTJLei0Gr3y3AZ26HH6dS5wCDNEqyOv5wDPvPKcub53fTlm29CSvDdSHSh5oQ15K_cDoDJM9WqBTpW

Thanks
Where would you get your fire damage from? +Fire damage aura, added fire damage support gem (x% of physical damage added as fire), additional elemental damage support gem, and +fire damage and +% fire damage on accessories and weapons? The damage seems doable as long as you can get the right gear and links.

The biggest downfall of the build is lack of survivability and hp regen. It has very low +% hp, only 2% regen, and no leech (can be avoided if gear has good leech). With Blood Magic, you must have a high HP pool combined with good leech/life on hit and regen or you will use more hp to use your skills than regain.

Further along the physical damage start, there are a 2% leech and 2 12% hp which should be picked up. Further right of Blood Magic are a bunch of hp nodes, hp regen nodes, and some armor nodes as well. 24% hp, 52% armor, 28% hp, and then 2-3% hp regen.

Towards the end of the build (high 60's, low 70's), you can add even more damage by specializing into a certain weapon if you have a good one at that point. IE: 15% physical damage with axes is close by.

Here's a link to the build with the nodes I recommended:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBAJbF5wSOp5wFkiF6B2uU1QeMEywKqDEdD0i74hDClTMSIY8jFxUX1hqR8toiQnuXK8a8yS99Gkkxk0n3PSQAtT7ARbtbPAaMYHgvrGgNYZlxaSDdefkbxc2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz9M_8Hu7ikAZojeodqh2tD3L2iudj4gRWa-YoI7VjIP08G7nL7Tqh1vjK2hFiYOTJLei0Gr3y3AZ26HH6dS5wCDNEqyOv5wDPvPKcub53fTlm29CSvDdSHSh5oQ15K_cDoDJM9WqBTpWudZEYQpl2U5HXYLCVHnnADQ2tWo3lwhEKYbAj6pIAfNTT2zCUWGdLdjZxq_qO24_et9YEGGKaiiJG-3cDvSWESq6bV4LPuuAKkMvEYH2YExZ5yhFmMWjm98DFdQ3xCN_qC96iQ==

If you are going more towards the build I linked, I recommend starting as more physical/survival only, and then once you start stacking fire damage (with gear and with the linked support gems), then start getting fire passives. And don't even think of touching Blood Magic until you have a heavy HP pool :)
Hey, thanks for the advice;

Atm I'm running an Added Fire Damage support gem, Infernal Blow skill gem, Molten Shield skill gem and Anger, the fire damage aura.

Right okay, I'll make my way into the Dex part and pick up all the survivability nodes there first, then get Blood Magic onto added Elemental and Fire Damage nodes and finally the weapon specific ones.
Ah, I forgot about Infernal Blow. Yea, that fire damage will really add up then. I just looked it up on the Wiki and saw this portion you might be interested in:

"
Weapon Elemental Damage: The explosion will not be affected by increased elemental weapon damage or weapon fire damage, but the fire portion of the initial attack will be.

But even so, you will be spewing out enough attacks for it to not matter. Oh, just saw 1 missed skill. If you are lacking resists, there is a 15% all resist node off of the initial defensive path which is very handy if you are short on any of them. Only 1 more point from where you stopped too.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Aug 19, 2012, 4:29:34 PM
You dont need accuracy with Resolute Technique

Tweaked passive tree
IGN: Drusek
I found Infernal Blow to have a little too high of a mana cost. It's nice for a last resort boss killer, but heavy strike + added fire damage gives me more fire damage per mana than infernal blow.

That was a few levels ago, so I will double check. I have been enjoying using HS + AFD + WED with little problem (lvl 51 merciless).
Just added +Melee damage. I'm not sure the added mana cost is worth the extra damage right now (still just lvl 1 gem) might be in a few levels (I hope)

I'll compare IB + AFD + WED + MPD with HS + AFD + WED + MPD when I get home and let you know how it works out for me.

I have Lightning Strike for AOE attacks. I don't know if you use IB for the AOE, but a Cleave + AFD might be better for your AOE and HS as your single target

Edit--
At lvl 10 IB does 1190dps @ 33 Mana
Same support gems/gear lvl 12 HS does 1228.1 DPS at 27 mana cost

Without MPD gem HS does 968 w/ 17 Mana
IB does 941.7 w/ 24 mana cost.

I'm going to stick with Heavy strike personally :D
Last edited by muffintop on Aug 20, 2012, 8:35:55 PM
Are those numbers still the same with all of the elemental boosts? The slight loss in dps and increase in mana cost may be worth it for the aoe.
main damage from fire build is form ignite, you have picked up Resolute Technique, which means you cant crit..which means you will never ignite the target, so that 30% ignite duration is wasted.
(edited, you can run a chance on ignite support gem, but you would have to run it on all your skills if you want them to ignite)

plus blood magic with very little max health and regen, is just going to die alot

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBANTk5gHOOIsCZSqGBI6nnAWSIXoHa5TVB76wMgs-64AO9JYRD0i74hIhjyMXFRfWIP7-jikZ4xMphsCPKrptXivGvMkxk0n3NDa1ajeXCEQ9JAC1PSq--D7ARbtTT2zCW3nBl2B4L6xhimooYk1vCGgNYZlxaSDdeE0Bunn5G8V631gQzbEgV9E0PdfL1RfP0z_we7uKQBmiN6h2qHa0Pbuv36CPiBFZr5igjtWMg_TfAxXU8G7nL7Tqh1v3y3AZ26HH6dS5wCDNEqyOv5wDPvPKcubjK2hFiYOTJLei0Gr8pTUUygGufdYrD7iECf4p9_SbKMEqs9SqSAHzyXoP-vWJw82JG-3c6jtuP9jZxq_Ui8Sr

this is the kind of build that you want to use, but even then i would drop Resolute Technigue, as you need that ignite damage, go deep into the templar tree is not worth the ele damage, unless your going to be dumping some more points into the tree, just my 2 cents

oh and here is information on damage types, if you want to read it over
Spoiler
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Damage_Types
Last edited by deathpope on Aug 23, 2012, 11:13:47 AM
"
muffintop wrote:
At lvl 10 IB does 1190dps @ 33 Mana
Same support gems/gear lvl 12 HS does 1228.1 DPS at 27 mana cost

Without MPD gem HS does 968 w/ 17 Mana
IB does 941.7 w/ 24 mana cost.

I'm going to stick with Heavy strike personally :D

I've switched to Heavy Strike now thank you, just need some decent swords or axes so I can take up Cleave for the aoe

"
deathpope wrote:
this is the kind of build that you want to use, but even then i would drop Resolute Technigue, as you need that ignite damage, go deep into the templar tree is not worth the ele damage, unless your going to be dumping some more points into the tree, just my 2 cents

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBANTk5gHOOIsCZSqGBI6nnAWSIXoHa5TVB76wMgs-64AO9JYRD0i74hIhjyMXFRfWIP7-jikZ4xMphsCPKrptXivGvMkxk0n3NDa1ajeXCEQ3xCN_PSQAtT0qvvg-wEW7U09swlt5wZdgeC-sYYpqKGJNbwhxaSDdeE0Bunn5G8V631gQzbEgV9E0PdfL1RfP0z_we7uKQBmiN6h2qHa0Pbuv36CPiBFZr5igjtWMg_TfAxXU8G7nL7Tqh1u_nAM-88py5uMraEWJg5Mkt6LQavylNRTKAa591isPuIQJ_in39JsowSqz1KpIAfPJeg_69YnDzYkb7dzqO24_2NnGr9SLxKv53fTlqC96iQ==

How's this looking instead then? Never knew about the crit ignite thing so I'm definitely going to read up on everything thanks
your going to need to get some hit then, i run a BM dual wield mara and the only real defense i have is life steal, which means i gotta be hitting the mob 100% of the time to sustain myself.

i feel that your going to have issues with hit, try to find some passives that can up that, 80% is a good start, but you want to be sitting at 90%.

i found running a warlords curse also helps alot as it gives me flask stack for my granite flask, endurance charges for extra armor, and the extra life steal, coupled with a life leech on my cleave, frenzy, and heavy strike i can keep myself up 70% of the time. The other 30% of the time i use Enduring Cry and Immortal Call plus a increase duration gem, i can get immunity from physical damage for 6 seconds, which is more than enough time to kill the mob or life steal back to full.

grabbing a molten shield is also great for a quick armor boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info