auras and increased buff effect

I'm sorry if the thought of mine made you feel stupid, that wasn't intended.
✠ ✠
All auras the player can get as skills apply buffs, which are therefore affected by inner force (some monster auras apply debuffs instead, such as the slow or chaos degen auras - inner force does not affect debuffs on you, so taking those passives does not make you weaker to these).

The skill popup does not, should not, and will never display based on inner force, because inner force does not change the stats of the aura. It increases the effect of the aura on you.
You character sheet will show the stats you actually have, which will include the increase.

If you have an aura that gives 20 additional fire damage, and 30% increased effect of buffs on you, then that aura still only gives out 20 fire damage. Any ally in the aura gets 20 fire damage. You get 20 fire damage, which is intercepted before it's added to your stats, and increased to 26. The skill popup can't claim that the aura is giving out 26, because it isn't - anything in the aura is only getting 20, but the effect of the aura on you is being increased. Just like if your friend has an aura adding 20 additional lightning damage, and doesn't have the nodes that aura is only gives 20 damage, but you gain 26 from it, because the effect of the buff on you is increased.

The stats you gain from a buff are added at the point a buff is created, so you'll need to refresh the aura after taking the nodes to get the extra effect. moving to a new area will refresh the aura, as will turning it off and on again.

You need enough base in the aura for the increase to be visible - This is why Purtiy won't visibly increase you max resists until levelled (assuming these values haven't changed since I last saw them). 30% increase to +3% max resists is 3.9, rounded to 3, whereas 30% increase to 4 is 5.2, rounded to 5.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 5, 2013, 9:54:50 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
You need enough base in the aura for the increase to be visible - This is why Purtiy won't visibly increase you max resists until levelled (assuming these values haven't changed since I last saw them). 30% increase to +3% max resists is 3.9, rounded to 3, whereas 30% increase to 4 is 5.2, rounded to 5.


That paragraph sir, that is what i missed - the rounding down.

Thanks Mark!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CNKalmah wrote:
Why aren't Charges considered buffs?

They are the direct definition of what a buff would be - they sit in the same section as your auras...
Charges have no stats to increase.


You have an entire tab on the character sheet dealing with stats related to charges.

IGN : Reamus
"
Andromansis wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CNKalmah wrote:
Why aren't Charges considered buffs?

They are the direct definition of what a buff would be - they sit in the same section as your auras...
Charges have no stats to increase.


You have an entire tab on the character sheet dealing with stats related to charges.

Yes. Because you have stats that count charges.
An endurance charge has no stats, it applies no effect to anything it's on. It's just a number saying how many charges you have.

Your character has a set of stats that provide them with a bonus based on how many endurance charges they have - these are your character's stats, they aren't coming from the charge. If there was a unique item that gave you a stat saying you have 50% increased run speed while under the effect of an aura, that wouldn't be affected by inner force because it's not an effect of the aura buff, it's an effect of your stat seeing there's an aura on you.
Exactly like the stats your character has that give them bonuses based on how many charges they have - those stats are yours, they aren't in the charge.
If the character stat is charges count = 5 then the inner force buff of 30% would should make it 6.

Edit: but it doesn't, because it is not considered a buff, I know. Just saying it is not exactly clear when taking the inner force passive.
✠ ✠
Last edited by wiggin on Apr 6, 2013, 1:52:41 AM
It was unfortunate that I had to research to learn that those three passives were indeed not working on charges as I expected, but at least the knowledge is out here in the ether.

This is easily solved by thorough tooltip wording.
http://blog.spiralofhope.com/?p=2488
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

You need enough base in the aura for the increase to be visible - This is why Purtiy won't visibly increase you max resists until levelled (assuming these values haven't changed since I last saw them). 30% increase to +3% max resists is 3.9, rounded to 3, whereas 30% increase to 4 is 5.2, rounded to 5.


When you say "visible", you mean I have 78.9 max resist (and reduce incoming damage according to that) despite the fact the tooltip only shows 78?

Edit: sry necro, didn't see the year was 2013. Anyway, I think the question is valid.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757

WTB 21/20 gems: generosity, wrath, haste, grace, determination
Last edited by dulahan200 on Apr 16, 2014, 6:33:47 AM
The part of Mark's post you quoted already has the answer. It rounds.
This grave digging.

Close topic please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info