Hi, I'm Leslie!

Hello. My name is Leslie, and I just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm an Oil Rig worker in northern Alberta, Canada, so I have 4 months during the summer off, and am looking forward to getting into a new action RPG. I hope this one is as addictive as Diablo 1 and 2 were. I'm the kind of girl that spends all kinds of money to make my characters on online games and websites look good, so if I end up playing with you a lot, you might end up getting lots of benefits/presents! <3!

I just signed up and donated to get a beta key. The Paypal transaction won't go through till the 27th though, so I have to wait in agony. D: Paypal e-cheque is the only option though, since I don't have a credit card. ;_;

I was planning on playing a ranger, and this is my current theoretical build:
Ranger 50

I want to be a ranger because they are pretty, :3 , but I also wanted to play a defense heavy, and consistent character like Kripparian (the streamer/youtuber, whose videos convinced me to donate to get early access). I am also planning on moving to the north after those skills to pick up more evasion (armour), and get the 4% lifeleech with claws, while grabbing all the really juicy and relevant passives along the route (I want to try being a dual claw wielder).

This is the final build, although I know I'll never complete it, as leveling in the 70s already takes a solid 12 hours:
Ranger 100

If anyone here is planning on getting a Key on, or will end up starting on, the 27th like me, I'd love to start out playing with someone. <3
In-Game-Name: Lezli
Last edited by Lezli on Aug 19, 2012, 8:09:00 AM
Welcome Leslie to the POE community!

Thanks for the donation, I'm sure you will find every penny worth it. Enjoy the game!! :)

I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
Yea PoE is a great game! I'm just feeling out the game right now and taking some chances on my builds because when open beta is initiated, all of our characters/inventory will be reset. Glad to see you have an extended time off from work to get in some solid gaming! Great choice IMO.

Have fun!
"There are no deaths from cannabis use. Anywhere. You can't find one," said Dr. Lester Grinspoon, professor emeritus at Harvard Medical School.

Write your elected officials. Regulate and tax Cannabis for responsible adults!

Facts>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iksA-DD3990&feature=related
Rangers are very pretty, I'll agree with you there. =3
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Welcome Overboard!

Check out the Ranger forums for great suggestions on builds :) almost anything can work if you have the right gear but the more mainstream builds would be best to start with. Have Fun!
“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” - Gandhi
come on now!
Welcome Leslie :)
Hell yea a fellow oilfeild worker! Im a frac hand and know what its like out there although Id gladly trade Oklahoma and texas heat for Canadas cold. Hope you enjoy this game as much as I have been and feel free to add me in game if you need some one to play with.
Last edited by bamberg86 on Aug 19, 2012, 6:54:14 PM
"
bamberg86 wrote:
Hell yea a fellow oilfeild worker! Im a frac hand and know what its like out there although Id gladly trade Oklahoma and texas heat for Canadas cold. Hope you enjoy this game as much as I have been and feel free to add me in game if you need some one to play with.

Oh god! I can't even imagine working in that kind of heat! Do you guys still manage to get the ground frozen enough to make drilling easier, or is it all a big mess? XD If you have summer off too, maybe we could play together?
In-Game-Name: Lezli
I do Hydraulic Fracturing so Idk about the drilling part that much. Unfortunately we do jobs year round so no months off but tomorrow I begin new 21 days on 7 days off schedule so I will still be on during that week and at night when we are between jobs. What company do you work for? I worked for Trican untill last month and they wouldnt come off a raise so I went down the road to Weatherford and got $5 more an hour and they are paying me for 40hrs on my week off. Its not the 80-120hrs Ill get during weeks we are on but basically paid mini vacations every month so cant complain.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info