Fastest possible attack speed in game?

I'm pretty sure the Dual Wield bonus is 10% MORE not 10% increased attack speed...
"
Obscurin wrote:
I'm pretty sure the Dual Wield bonus is 10% MORE not 10% increased attack speed...
I see that in the mechanics thread.. I've been playing this game for ~2 years and I've always thought it was increased.

Now.. I see it's been changed.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36649/page/2#p505041
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The base case of dual wielding is that you alternate your weapons, thus allowing you to attack faster (10% increased attack speed - this is actually becoming 10% more attack speed, a multiplicative bonus, but I'm not sure if that's on beta yet or is coming in 0.9.11), and allowing you to parry/block opposing attacks (15% base block chance).

So.. New math.

Two 1.7 base APS Rapiers with 27% IAS = 2.159 APS

Lvl 100 Passives = 221% IAS
Duelist/Ranger/Shadow Lvl 100 Dual Sword APS Build
(Let me know if there's a way to squeeze out more APS, In order to drop a Frenzy Charge you need to gain at least 5% IAS other passives)

7 Frenzy Charges from Passives, and Kraytin Merciless Bonus = 35% IAS
Kraytin Cruel Bonus = 8% IAS
Total 43%

Two 7% Attack Speed rings = 14% IAS
Death's Oath = 15% IAS
Lochtonial Caress = 15% IAS
Asenath's Mark = 15% IAS
Sundance = 10% IAS
Total 69%

20%Q Double Strike = 10% IAS
20%Q Blood Rage = 15% IAS (on Low Life)
Lvl 20 Haste = 14% IAS
Total 39%

20%Q Lvl 20 Faster Attacks = 54% IAS
20%Q Culling Strike = 10% IAS
20%Q Blood Magic = 15% IAS (on Low Life)
Total 79%

Dual Wield Bonus = 10% More
Double Strike = 100% More (because it effectively doubles APS simply by attack twice at the average weapon speed?)
Lvl 20 Multistrike = 107% More

Additive IAS = 451%

2.159 * 5.51 = 11.89609

11.89609 * 1.10 * 2.00 * 2.07 = 54.17479386 APS

Is that right?
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jul 18, 2013, 10:41:08 AM
"
LendoKaar wrote:
cant prove it now, but i think each new frenzy charge gives more atack speed(at least it gives more dps) and hope i wrong.

That's correct each frenzy charge adds a small amount of speed per charge. I was trying Frenzy out on my Duelist Bow last night loving the speed boost. I was specifically looking at the Character dialog, "Offense" tab, Attacks Per Second and noticed it was going up with each additional charge.
"
I was specifically looking at the Character dialog, "Offense" tab, Attacks Per Second and noticed it was going up with each additional charge.
Or.. you could just look at the "Charges" tab and see that Frenzy Charges give you 5% IAS and ICS per charge and also what the other charges provide.

And why was this thread moved to Gameplay Help? It has nothing to do with "Questions about being stuck on quests or problems with a skill or passive. " yet everything to do with GENERAL DISCUSSION.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Jul 17, 2013, 3:02:34 PM
Same for this thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/465272

I don't know why potential discussion threads are moved to void
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
That might still not be the maximum since it's using 2 7% IAS rings and Lochtonial Caress, but we has an 'Of Grandmastery' suffix that gives 14-16% IAS. Though I'm not sure if you can roll it.

Running a Death Rush might be better than IAS rings, but I don't recall what's the exact value the Onslaught buff gives. Also, is it possible to roll IAS on amulets?
Double Strike is 2 really fast attacks, so if you play double strike you kinda have to double your APS there. im playing an APS Duelist and have 13 normal APS with 5 frenzy charges and haste, but you have to double that because of double strike which makes it 26 APS ;) so theres alot of attack speed to go!
http://i.imgur.com/UX92UfF.jpg

Double Strike is weak as hell though. Plus you lose the extra 144 ias if you use DS.
Last edited by anraiki on Jul 18, 2013, 9:17:38 AM
"
Obscurin wrote:
That might still not be the maximum since it's using 2 7% IAS rings and Lochtonial Caress, but we has an 'Of Grandmastery' suffix that gives 14-16% IAS. Though I'm not sure if you can roll it.

Running a Death Rush might be better than IAS rings, but I don't recall what's the exact value the Onslaught buff gives. Also, is it possible to roll IAS on amulets?
Rare rings can only roll up to 7% and rare gloves can only roll up to 13%. Lochtonial Caress is used because it has 15% and doesn't conflict with the 30% IAS when on Low Life from Blood Rage and Blood Magic. Ondar's Clasp gives 20% IAS on Full Life but you cant gain the effects of Blood Rage and Blood Magic at the same time, so you gain 5% over Lochtonial but lose 30%.

Death's Rush would be better than 2 rare rings, Onslaught gives 20% IAS, good catch! I don't know if the effects of Onslaught stack though. If they do, then that's an extra 26% IAS, but if they don't stack it's still an extra 13% IAS.

"
anraiki wrote:
Double Strike is weak as hell though. Plus you lose the extra 144 ias if you use DS.
Yes, you lose 134% Increased Attack Speed compared to Frenzy w/8 Charges. BUT, with Double Strike, you effectively gain 100% More Attack Speed. 100% More is FAR, FAR greater than 144% increased.
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Obscurin wrote:

Rare rings can only roll up to 7% and rare gloves can only roll up to 13%. Lochtonial Caress is used because it has 15% and doesn't conflict with the 30% IAS when on Low Life from Blood Rage and Blood Magic. Ondar's Clasp gives 20% IAS on Full Life but you cant gain the effects of Blood Rage and Blood Magic at the same time, so you gain 5% over Lochtonial but lose 30%.

Death's Rush would be better than 2 rare rings, Onslaught gives 20% IAS, good catch! I don't know if the effects of Onslaught stack though. If they do, then that's an extra 26% IAS, but if they don't stack it's still an extra 13% IAS.

"
anraiki wrote:
Yes, you lose 134% Increased Attack Speed compared to Frenzy w/8 Charges. BUT, with Double Strike, you effectively gain 100% More Attack Speed. 100% More is FAR, FAR greater than 144% increased.

rare gloves can roll 16%. I've hit it many times while crafting.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info