Guided Arrow

Please, oh PLEASE give a seeking type gem for projectiles. It could have slower projectile speed for all I care. It would help to offset being leap slammed by mobs that you can't even see...or charged (rhoa's anyone?!) As the gem gains levels, it fires more:

Level 1 gem fires one missile and % chance for 2nd
Level 5 gem could fire 2 with % chance of 3
...and so on - Could have a critic fire 2-3x the gem's ability!
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hi, nice idea. + 1

I stumbled upon this topic when playing Diablo2 and wanted to try the Amazon again. However the Amazon is one of the weakest classes in D2 without some gear (talking about a phys/freeze bow),, so I started PoE again where you can bypass gear with the Passive Tree :P (and beacuse d2 is pure dupe/botting if online)

Guided Arrow is one of the nice Arsenals in an Amazon Build. To make it short I really felt like playing one. In PoE I would use GA as a secondary attack against single mobs, AND to leech mana (because it always hits and has low mana cost generally as single attack).

-As a placeholder I am planning to use Frenzy,now. It has kind of the same purpose but yea the auto-aim was quite nice for a single attack / support attack, for example to "seek" mobs that you don't see. This allowed you know if you should care about the next room/corner and not run in blindly with the low FHR/Defense that a Ranged character naturally has. And of course you can kite better with a guided arrow, because when you walk around a corner or through a door you usually can't hit the enemy anymore before he comes into range again - wasting some time or risking being damaged (and also unchilling him from your possible ice/freeze/unchill/whatever).

ps: I am aware of the fact that "secondary" attacks are not that popular in PoE because of the lmited gem-slots. That's not my fault,,It's just my personal build that I would like to play...
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆
Last edited by rusher21 on Nov 3, 2014, 2:59:14 PM
How would you like to have this kind of effect interact with :
+ Chain?
+ Projectile speed?
+ Fork?
+ Greater and Lesser Multiple Projectiles?
+ Pierce?
"
How would you like to have this kind of effect interact with :
+ Chain?
+ Projectile speed?
+ Fork?
+ Greater and Lesser Multiple Projectiles?
+ Pierce?

The only issue I can see is if you get 100% pierce chance, but that could be solved by having a duration on the guided arrow.
I am not trying to point out any issue, I would like to see how these abilities interact in your mind. Could you please clarify that?
The reason i think GGG will not, and have not, done this type of skill is because its boring. Its a 1 button map clear type of skill, you just hold it down and itll auto-target everything and you just have to keep spamming it. It will be unbalanced because with enough projectile speed it can clear things screens away from you and you'll never encounter any danger. In addition to that, with fork and pierce the gem would annihilate everything.
I still think it's worth discussing. Issues like range can be solved (for example, make its range a value not related to projectile speed).
"
I am not trying to point out any issue, I would like to see how these abilities interact in your mind. Could you please clarify that?

Here we go then:

Chain - The arrow(s) will be guided only until they hit their first target, then chain as normal arrows
Projectile speed - makes the arrows faster, no change in the guided part
Fork - arrow(s) will be guided before and after forking, the fork damage reduction will apply each time an arrow forks
LMP/GMP - add 2 and 4 guided arrows
Pierce - arrow(s) will be guided before and after piercing, to solve the 100% piercing problem the guided arrow skill should be a 'duration' skill with maybe 2 or 3 second duration
I think it's worth discussing too.I made suggestion a good while back.

It's not like it has to apply exactly like it did in D2 as long as we get some sort of guided projectile that homes in on an enemy and allows you to run and fire without the need to aim.

It could be achieved through support gem,Curse,Unique or even a Herald.

If a support gem it could have a negative projectile speed to make it difficult or require heavy investment to kill off screen(which plenty of skills do already anyway)

Could even be a spell similar to Barrage except homes in (with nice curved flight path) something like Magic missile in Baldurs gate.
"
vaskov17 wrote:
"
Fork - arrow(s) will be guided before and after forking, the fork damage reduction will apply each time an arrow forks
LMP/GMP - add 2 and 4 guided arrows
Pierce - arrow(s) will be guided before and after piercing, to solve the 100% piercing problem the guided arrow skill should be a 'duration' skill with maybe 2 or 3 second duration

LMP/GMP - can they target the same monster?
The others - can they return to the monster they just hit? If not, can they, after touching other monsters, return to a previous one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info