Help Make My Dual Wield Axe Crit Marauder Survive?

So I've been tinkering with my own build of a dual wield Marauder, which I know isn't the most original build but so far it's been fun to play.

At the moment I'm in Act 2 Ruthless and it's getting hard to survive.

Here's my skilldrasil thus far

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAzbEgV9E0PdcSIY8jy9UXzzGTSffTP_B71IvEqwHOOIsA1OTmNKgBeXWdGsSiN6h2FqmfNpyDYttHEit0k9eiMhcVF9YmkyM_rcPaMUM9xqw9JAC1B2uU1dWMg_SqQzF8udZEYYmDkyS3otBqqHa0PcvaK50vfRpJPsBFu4-IEVkQwpUz2e1tA7eA4GlbqUGxyJm9AnD3h2yz-R4TOygtVQ-Ogp3nCeoqg17vB4TXHBIK_CqvUMPZ4Y0PKVd9C94z

Basically Blood Magic with a lot of Crit passives (eventually as I level). I know I'll need more life passives which I've started to collect as I can.

Skill wise I use Heavy Strike for single targets, Cleave with Life Leech support and Mana Cost Reduce Support. Warlords Mark for more leech that I try to keep up at all times, Enduring Cry to help boost dps. Leap Slam and Phase Run to get out of tight spots and a Detonate Dead Totem to help clear large packs.

Current items are;

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Any help to make it survive easier would be appreciated

Last edited by Maverickroll on Aug 17, 2012, 8:39:50 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Well you chose to many health nodes that give way to little max health or health regen and ignored the +12% ones and Golems Blood which gives 2.0% health regen.
You insisted to much on the upper part of the Marauder starting point instead of going down and right to the Duelist part of the tree where you could have picked a ton of great bonuses.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBBI6nnAWSIXoHa5TVCmXZTgs-64AO9JYRD0i74hDClTMSIY8jFxUX1hnV3ggb_kiXIrX6zSPvSKwk-w5iKYbAjyoPFXoqum1eK8a8yS99Gkkxk0n3NDa1ajeXCEQ3xCN_PSQAtT7ARbtBLfD0RMYy6UddgsJIWfzzT-mDIFNPbMJUeecAWFGGPGGKaihiTW8Ibq6QWnGEKRx3ztDseE0Bus2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz9M_8HuiN6h21YyD9KpDMXy51kRhiYOTJLei0GqodrQ9y9ornY-IEVm7ikAZ0UgtKKBs8-OMjP4v8G7nL6gveomqSAHz9YnDzYkb7dzqO24_rKFKwbXS7vPcY2pZk0-rF8DI90rQIyR9lcA-Ud6gr02Ugzue_WgJbcqMrVKHs2xDrrrb4bviOmGlVl7rihcTm6-YoI4=
Last edited by dualestl on Aug 18, 2012, 2:43:02 AM
"
dualestl wrote:
Well you chose to many health nodes that give way to little max health or health regen and ignored the +12% ones and Golems Blood which gives 2.0% health regen.
You insisted to much on the upper part of the Marauder starting point instead of going down and right to the Duelist part of the tree where you could have picked a ton of great bonuses.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBBI6nnAWSIXoHa5TVCmXZTgs-64AO9JYRD0i74hDClTMSIY8jFxUX1hnV3ggb_kiXIrX6zSPvSKwk-w5iKYbAjyoPFXoqum1eK8a8yS99Gkkxk0n3NDa1ajeXCEQ3xCN_PSQAtT7ARbtBLfD0RMYy6UddgsJIWfzzT-mDIFNPbMJUeecAWFGGPGGKaihiTW8Ibq6QWnGEKRx3ztDseE0Bus2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz9M_8HuiN6h21YyD9KpDMXy51kRhiYOTJLei0GqodrQ9y9ornY-IEVm7ikAZ0UgtKKBs8-OMjP4v8G7nL6gveomqSAHz9YnDzYkb7dzqO24_rKFKwbXS7vPcY2pZk0-rF8DI90rQIyR9lcA-Ud6gr02Ugzue_WgJbcqMrVKHs2xDrrrb4bviOmGlVl7rihcTm6-YoI4=

I did overlook the 12% lifes, that's my bad. I've made some changes based on that tree, with what respec points I had and regret orbs I had. It's working a bit better thus far, I'll need to get a few more levels and respec points to make it more in line with that.

One question though, I noticed you skipped over the two Endurance Charge nodes as you branched out to the right, wouldn't it be beneficial to get those? If I did my math right (I may be wrong) but that's another 5% damage reduction and almost an additional 25% increase in it's duration. Just curious.
Your right ,you could go for that Endurance charge bellow Steel Skin since its already on the way.
The other one next to the Marauders shield nodes is not worth it since you need to invest a additional 2 STR nodes.

Also forgot to mention that if your gonna go with Iron Reflexes you will have to modify your gear to a high evasion rating one.The upside is that evasion rating is much easier to get compared to armour and with the Leather and Steel node you will have a 48% increase in armour after picking Iron Reflexes.

The last health nodes to the far right should be picked at the very last so that your suvivabilty would be improved even on high level maps.

I hadn't planned on going with Iron Reflexes. I know Chris said in an upcoming patch they'll be reworking the Evasion / dodge mechanic so it works better but for this specific character I figured high HP and a decent amount of armor should be enough to survive through pulling packs of mobs.

So far your build has gotten me to live a fair amount more, it'll be a while before I could get it to match up (damn regret orbs aren't cheap).

Would you recommend the unique strength belt? I can't remember the name of it but it adds a sizeable amount of strength and life plus other stats that are still easily usable on a high level character even though it's a level 8 unique.
Perhaps in the future it will be different but as it stands now Iron Reflexes + Leather and Skin are a must have no matter the character build you have ,as long as you are relatively close to them.
I have a level 24 character that has as much armor as one that is level 50,all thanks to IR and because evasion is so damn easy to obtain.
That Discipline armor aura reserves a portion of your mana (in this case health) that really is not worth it when you have Blood Magic selected.With the Grace aura on the other hand and you might be looking at another apox 900 evasion turned to armor and it only takes about 100-150 of your total health.

Of course that belt is a must have for any melee character.
Shame that the prices for it are simply ridiculous.

Besides that i noticed you need better gear ,the amulet and the first ring you have need to changed ASAP.
Last edited by dualestl on Aug 18, 2012, 9:49:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info