Beta Key conspiracy .....?

Before send my support to GGG and get a beta key I was checking every day on the beta timer and also I saw the message from Chris :

"We've changed the formula for the beta invite timer so that forum users are now substantially more likely to get in."

....I keep checking daily the timer and I noticed that who get the keys are almost users that never post in this forum joined and last visited have same date and 0 post.

I have my key and I'm happy to play ....but I have lots of friends that are forum users and they also noticed that the keys are given to "ghost users"

GGG needs to make some cash in order to make a great game and I agree with it ....but maybe try to get into the close beta more players for free could be nice.

I'm not complaining in a negative way .....don't bann me please :P .....just asking ;)
Last edited by Exotrax on Aug 17, 2012, 1:13:21 PM
It's simply probability.

Let's assume there are 100 users that posted once and 10000 multis/dead accounts or similar

Having a 10 time bigger chance for each poster means they are noted 10 times instead of 1.
But it's still 1000 vs 10000 so 1/10 picks is a poster.

Create a statistic for all 288 invites each day for like 5-10 days and you know how big the difference between 0 Posts, 1 Post and regular poster is.
People who post, in any game, even where every single one is a valid account... is few and far between. There are VASTLY more users that just sign up purely for beta access and not to chat.

Typically though, when they do get their beta key, they come back to play.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
ehy exotrax i have many post and not a key, if you have one why not give the good example and give a key to me?
You just blew my mind
"
ehy exotrax i have many post and not a key, if you have one why not give the good example and give a key to me?

Come on, man. Begging isn't the way to go about it.
Last edited by Kung120 on Aug 17, 2012, 2:46:22 PM
yeah i know i know it was irony
"
Leonrevan wrote:

Sorry man.....but really , I just gave away my extra key to another player that was waiting for a long time.

:/
don't worry man!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info