Season Three, Event 85: Descent

Starting area boss drop:

I then proceeded to crash 3/4 way through the goat area, right in front of a substantial aura caster. Somehow lived (returned with 1/4 life) but the time lost there and a 10 minute gap with several useful rares but no scrolls put an end to any ideas of a leaderboard run. Finished in the exile area with above average but not amazing gear, 1 bar from 19.

GG all, cya next race.
IGN: KoTao
3rd descent in a row in which I placed EXACTLY 13th overall. This is alarming because I generally don't associate the number 13 with positive things.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Dear god, I had the worst Frozen Abyss in history. At the beginning, I was funneled into a very narrow corridor, which was immediately blocked by a rare Merveil's daughter with energy shield (took too long to kill, so I tried skipping it). Ahead, the corridor forked into two chambers, one with a bunch of those exploding tentacle monsters being constantly spawned, and another filled with a giant pack of champ daughters. It was like one of those dungeon games where you choose a door, each one leading to a different death.

Eventually, I managed to claw my way through this area, only to be faced with more tight spaces, even more Merveil's daughters, and Merveil herself trapping me in a corner as I got exploded to an inch of my life.

By some miracle (and plenty of logouts and near-death experiences) I managed to survive all of this and reach the end. Unfortunately, I lost enough time to ruin what was otherwise my fastest Descent race, so I only managed to reach level 15 in skeletal caves as a witch.

Nonetheless, it was really fun and intense, so I'm not all too unhappy about it. Descent is awesome. :D
So I'm a casual gamer and there is not an event yet that I've participated in that I have been able to get points for. I can't even get to the lowest level of making it to a level without dying. Just putting it out there that for someone who only has time to play occasionally, these can be really frustrating. I'm not posting this to get pity, it is genuine feedback from one of the community who isn't a hardcore gamer. The regular game is still enjoyable so I'm happy to play that. Just my point of view, take it or leave it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info