Season Three, Event 80: 2 Hour Fixed Rogue Turbo Solo

Make more races with the rogue exile mod. Most fun race ever!
people who whine about exiles, you dont have to kill them, choose only the ones that are weak and kill those dont even waste time on the overpowred ones
Pretty fun, exiles are dangerous as fuck in the first zones. Had that gmp fireballer in mud flats, had to reset it, and almost died to her again in the forest.

Lost a lot of time due to reaching Merveil before 14 and without cold rings. Had to go back to coves to grind out another level.

Pretty good haul overall, juggling all the rares was fun.

Last edited by boof on Jul 21, 2013, 3:06:31 PM
This is a fun mode.
That should be a 1 week mode not the boring normal 1 week over and over.

Saw too late it actually was competition because I ended up killed all Rogue Exiles I met.

I should have gone ranger since I found nice Evasion Stuff, Bows and Quivers but nothing for mara :/

The Powers of the Rogue exiles I met is pretty unbalanced.

At terraces I met a LMP FA Exile while crowding which was pretty hard.

Then I got the Shield Charger Viperstriker quiet often like 6 times.

Also it's strange that the rogues don't drop the EQ they use but rather slots.

The second most common Rogue was the Cold Snap Glacial Hammer Exile which wasn't hard at all but in Coven because of the Freeze Duration

The Cyclone Cleave Leapslamer could hit quiet hard I met him like 3 times.

Then I met a RoA once in Forest which was easy.

A multistriker which was also easy and a BT EK Exile supported by crit aura mobs which could hit over 60% with one beartrap.

A nice surprise was the Exile before Brutus which forced me to TP out and refill.

On second thought, I could handle a longer race if it was long-term and (to alleviate desync) was something like 40% increased modifier (halfway between Onslaught and normal turbo). The turbo+exiles can make for a Brutus-type desync in every map, which must be a nightmare for melee.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
Excellent format; very enjoyable.

- and great to be able to race again.

One more tonight, then it's back to the sidelines until Wednesday. U.S East taking a beating this season.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
First of all, the new race mod with the rogues is a really nice addition. Even with the rogues being quite hard to strive against, I had fun playing it. (And a good laugh being assaulted in the usually empty Warden's Quarters.)

The problem is the combination with the Turbo mod. Respectively the Turbo mod itself in the current state of the game. While the "mini-turbo" in Onslaught is bearable, 60% in races, combined with the Desync, results in ridiculous situations.

Rhoas are one thing, but a Star Trek-Brutus, who is just beaming all over his room and magically hooks and smashes players when they hide behind walls, is frustrating.
This is the point when Path of Exile becomes unfair due to its own technical difficulties.
Wish i could have made this race, sounds like i missed some good times.

+1 to the request for a 1-week turbo exile solo!
IGN: KoTao

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info