Kripparrian is making this game look too easy

He's playing the most straightforward and easy build.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Another thing. Effective play has always been about taking the luck out of the game or at least minimizing it severely. His entire character concept is "remove luck from the game". Of course it works well!
FFA loot = single player game.

"I'm sorry I steal all the things, it's the only way I know how to say I love you." - a FFA looter.
Lol Kripp is just abusing the game and very lucky, i watched a lot of his stream and there were so many moments where he went down to literally 10 hp but survived and he kept using this imbalanced frostwall/ground slam combo...otherwise he would have died long time ago.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
"
TPxErebus wrote:
...imbalanced frostwall/ground slam combo...

What's wrong with that? You can also drop totems past frostwalls, shoot through frostwalls with Pierce Support Gem, shoot Ice Spears through Frostwalls, summon Minions through forstwalls... etcetera,
IGN: Lothias
"
TPxErebus wrote:
Lol Kripp is just abusing the game and very lucky, i watched a lot of his stream and there were so many moments where he went down to literally 10 hp but survived and he kept using this imbalanced frostwall/ground slam combo...otherwise he would have died long time ago.

Actually this is one of the things that makes a player good. If you notice that a certain combination is strong you should be able to figure out methods of using this behavior to your advantage.

Being a good player does not only consists of the actual playing, but also planning your character is part of it.

And I guess most people would still struggle if they use the same build and technique. It's easy to say that he is good because of this or that, it is way harder to proof this.

I have no problem at all with him.

1. He is great the best promotion you could think off. And actually he seems to have fun playing the game, which is something good for PoE.

2. Players like him are the ones that find exploits and actually cause a fix, we should be grateful for this.

3. Although I would wish some more diversity (he only plays a very easy marauder-build) people like him could show people how to play certain builds and make them look more interesting.

In regards to the difficulty I have to say that it is really fine in PoE. A strong build (like Ice-Witch or Marauder with ground-slam) will have no problems, but actually this aren't the most fun characters.

But I still find the first levels to be more difficult than everything after that until you reach maps. My ranger died once to hailrake, had to run away several times from the necromancer and barely survived Merveil... everything after this was a joke (including the Merveil and Hail-Rake in the 3 other difficulties).
If anyone has ever played D2, you'd know that with good gear and a good build, even Hell difficulty wasn't hard.

The fun of these games come from making yourself stupidly powerful and building interesting characters, not from punishingly hard game play.
I don't think people realize that ice witches get completely destroyed by ranged physical dmg enemies without being able to use freezing pulse through frost wall. It's the same concept.
Starting from scratch in open beta.
"
TPxErebus wrote:

Yes, but he *didn't* die did he?

Kripp just owned the Aug 19 3h Hardcore Race along with Barbie_Trolls_All (Capper) they were both very close at the end of the race.

http://templeofexiles.com/ladder-race/Aug-19-2012HCLadderRushSolo/experience

Damn he's so lucky...
being the smart guy he is he quickly realized speed trumps all in this game (as opposed to d3 where it doesnt) and capitalized on that effectively.

also i feel ground slam is better than its equivalent skills. it's easily targeted(directed) on mobs that are not in melee range and cannot reach you to hit back. and it hits all targets in the cone, it effectively pierces innately.

sweep might have larger affect radius but to hit with it you need to danger yourself to getting hit. ground slam is safe skill. a ranged melee strike if you will. sure it makes things look easy. i use it myself. not overpowered as such but better than alternatives imho.
Saying that the game should be made harder based on the high level play of ONE player, is pretty silly. Kripparian's gameplay looks simple, because he spams groundslam, but his technique is very good, and he is actually using quite a few skills, Charges, Auras, Phase run, Enduring Cry etc.

IF leashing the mobs into a funnel and groundslamming them while staying alive were so easy, a lot more critics would be high level in hardcore. Which isn't the case.

How bout we add obstacles into F1 races, since, you know, they make those turns look so easy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info