Kripparrian is making this game look too easy

"
Exotrax wrote:
"
I think its in GGG's best interest to not make the game stupidly difficult for people who only spend an hour or 2 a day playing. They are removing merciless just because of this.

Agree ....but not even make it stupidly easy like almost is now, if you read carefully this thread I was advising to the dev if there's a possibility to have players set the lvl of the area before enter it ....

....if they remove merciless....I don't see for me a reason to continue play later on :(

I'm in merciless now and I run into areas 4 lvl higher and I start get some fun and died few times (finally), so yes....no merciless ....no reason to play :S

Merciless is in the game now because A3 isn't. Give GGG just a bit more credit that they will not dumb down this game in any way, shape, or form.

A3 normal will be = A1 Cruel
A1 Cruel (new) = A2 Cruel (now)
Etc.
A3 Ruthless = nothing currently available.

AND we still have maps (which will drop at higher levels in A3 Ruthless.

So... PLENTY of reason to keep playing and be challenged.

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
last session he nearly died on a lvl 63 map with lvl 76. Only around 100-300Hp Left from his 3-4k HP Pool.

In d3 his barb is unbeatable, he CAN NOT die with Tank Items on in D3.
And with 1.0.4 D3 will get alot easier than before xD

This and he has said that D3 is harder then PoE. Though to be fair I think his gear in D3 is much better then his gear in PoE. That said I also think D3 is harder, though only in artificial difficultly. I personally find PoE's difficultly a much better experience, and that is not me saying I enjoy a easy game.
"
Duskbane wrote:
He plays video games basically for a living and is using easily the best Marauder build there is right now, as well as taking advantage of certain gimmicks like Frost Wall allowing Ground Slam to go through, or Ground Slam not even being a "melee" attack at all.

This really seems life an oversight with frost wall. From my own experience I know that an ice spear won't go through a frost wall. Does anyone know if this is intended behavior? I suppose ground slam is not a projectile which is what allows it to go through.
If anything hardcore nerds like him help the developers figure out the games problems and fixing them.
"
jiussa wrote:
"
Duskbane wrote:
He plays video games basically for a living and is using easily the best Marauder build there is right now, as well as taking advantage of certain gimmicks like Frost Wall allowing Ground Slam to go through, or Ground Slam not even being a "melee" attack at all.

This really seems life an oversight with frost wall. From my own experience I know that an ice spear won't go through a frost wall. Does anyone know if this is intended behavior? I suppose ground slam is not a projectile which is what allows it to go through.

Doesn't the first form goes through? not sure though gotta ask the pros but im pretty confident that it does.
No food in fridge... Beer it is.
I watched a few of his streams and noticed the Frost Wall isn't working as intended (I guess). It allows to attack monsters from distance with full safety (only remembering to recast it every couple of seconds). I think the solution to that should be one of the below (or both):

1. Make the Frost Wall destructible just like Bone Wall in D2, so that monsters still have a chance to get through. Recast delay is necessary as well to avoid the skill spamming.

2. Fix Ground Slam and potentially any other skill able to bypass Frost Wall.

I think Frost Wall was intended as a defensive skill but now it is used as the offensive one which at the same time guaranteeing the caster full safety from attacks. We already have Decoy Totem which can be used for mob control.

As for the game difficulty, I also think it is too easy, but not totally easy. There are some monsters, especially bosses which beg for major boost. I described this in more detail on Beta Feedback subforum.
Last edited by Kokoro on Aug 18, 2012, 5:02:14 AM
He has actually has a few close calls....
Perhaps ground slam goes through because it is (I'm guessing) an AOE attack (or at least a limited cone shaped one). Does anyone know if any other AOE attacks can be cast on the near side of the wall and effect enemies on the far side?
"
Zyx wrote:
Not to mention he rolls and re-rolls maps till the mods are do-able. Haven't seen him do a "suicidal" map at all.

Like that's a good idea? Hardcore is about calculated risks.

Wits > brawn for Hardcore.

He did play quite a few rare maps.

OP contradicts himself. It's exactly as topic says: he *makes it look* too easy.

Keep in mind hes:

* non stunnable
* deals a lot of damage at a long distance most of the time (Ground Slam) which is ironic for a class that's supposed to be "tankish"... not his fault if the skills are imbalanced
* ... which also STUNS enemies
* ... which he does reliably because of high attack speed
* ... with 5% life regen
* ... with a high life leech coming from a OP AOE skill (he certainly wouldn't be as safe doing this with Cleave)
* ... which is all the better because he hits 100% of the time with Resolute Technique.

Anyway like he explains in his recent build video.
If Frost Wall must really be tweaked I think a pretty cool idea would be to let the "individual" pieces of the wall (that you see when it spwans) be destroyable :)

So if he uses Ground Slam he might tear a hole in the middle of the wall to hit enemies but it would still be useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info