Kripparrian is making this game look too easy

You know, the thing about Diablo 2 that always really struck out with me was that any build you could come up with, it could look overpowered if you were geared properly and you knew how to play the game. It took work to get to that point, but once you were there you could really enjoy the build you'd made, because you had that long grind behind you.

For me, Kripp making high level content look too easy is a good thing, it shows that that balance dynamic that I loved in D2 is in PoE.
He does get a ton of good deals/free loot. He still almost dies once or twice a night.

The only thing I wish GGG would do is make it so you have to use more than 1 or 2 skills for 99% of the content.
"
Lactose wrote:
He does get a ton of good deals/free loot. He still almost dies once or twice a night.

The only thing I wish GGG would do is make it so you have to use more than 1 or 2 skills for 99% of the content.

No thanks.

Being able to build a char around one single skill means there's a massive build diversity in the game.
"
Lactose wrote:

I don't think there's a single player that use a single skill.

Most players also use a few skills that compliment their main attack. Support gems also greatly influence this.

Most players use a certain amount of auras, a curse and other utility buffs such as bloodrage and phase run.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
The thing about Kripp too is that he openly uses things that other people will call "exploits" like throwing up an ice wall and attacking through that.

Not that I'm bashing him, but he gives no breaks to a game or devs in that respect.

Also he plays 8 hours a day 5 days a week.
It flat out isn't possible to make more than about two or three active skills useful at any given time simply because if you are currently using an active skill you cannot use another in the same instant so you're better off focusing on a few that cover a wide array of situations then fill out your other slots with indirect skills - curses, auras, summons, buffs... anything that helps you or your skills. And that is where the variety comes in, not on the micro level (which is still spammy).

Edit: Ground Slam doesn't work through regular walls and many obstacles. I think if having it work through Frost Wall was unintended they'd have fixed it by now.
FFA loot = single player game.

"I'm sorry I steal all the things, it's the only way I know how to say I love you." - a FFA looter.
Last edited by SpectralSlice on Aug 17, 2012, 5:53:15 PM
...Bottom line is, do you really think that Chris and the GGGang are going to make this game harder based on the gameplay of arguably one of the most renowned hardcore ARPG players in the world?

...I don't think Kripp makes it look easy. He makes it look boring.

But that's up to his viewers to decide. Based on how many people have given PoE a chance (and thrown their ten bucks at GGG to do so) as a result of Kripp's streaming, I'd say quite a few have made that decision.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBExpE9GrBA&feature=youtu.be and see how fast a high lvl map can kil you... (sorry reaper, but this is the perfect video to show that PoE is not really to easy... ;) It just depends which maps you play and how you set the difficulty yourself (i've seen some of Krips streaming and please correct me, but he is doing lvl 60, 61 maps most of the time and they have been 'only' magic at least from what i've seen - i know that it can be hard to find the higher lvl ones, but you should judge the difficulty of the game by something which is not the hardest in the game))

Also GGG has the additional difficulty in balancing the game contest that they want not only the cookie cutter builds to be able to finish the 'whole' game but also some more exotic stuff - with this amount of possibilities there will be always some builds which are (or at least seem so if you watch a pro player - with almost perfect gear ;)) easier.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Aug 17, 2012, 5:55:15 PM
He plays video games basically for a living and is using easily the best Marauder build there is right now, as well as taking advantage of certain gimmicks like Frost Wall allowing Ground Slam to go through, or Ground Slam not even being a "melee" attack at all.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
Also he plays 8 hours a day 7 days a week.

Fixed that for you.

/thread
Last edited by XxDragon on Aug 17, 2012, 6:21:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info