Kripparrian is making this game look too easy

I think its in GGG's best interest to not make the game stupidly difficult for people who only spend an hour or 2 a day playing. They are removing merciless just because of this. Act 3 may bring on slightly more difficulty.

I like it just the way it is. I die just enough to learn from my mistake and continue on without feeling the need to punch my monitor. Games are supposed to be fun, especially PvE.
"
I think PoE is in a sweet spot as far as difficulty. You can stay alive if you're paying attention but you'll die if you get sloppy.

+1
Only because you think it looks easy it wont get buffed lolz.
Play the game by yourself before judging, kid.
Last edited by Laee on Aug 17, 2012, 1:41:22 PM
"
I think its in GGG's best interest to not make the game stupidly difficult for people who only spend an hour or 2 a day playing. They are removing merciless just because of this.

Agree ....but not even make it stupidly easy like almost is now, if you read carefully this thread I was advising to the dev if there's a possibility to have players set the lvl of the area before enter it ....

....if they remove merciless....I don't see for me a reason to continue play later on :(

I'm in merciless now and I run into areas 4 lvl higher and I start get some fun and died few times (finally), so yes....no merciless ....no reason to play :S
"
Exotrax wrote:
"
I think its in GGG's best interest to not make the game stupidly difficult for people who only spend an hour or 2 a day playing. They are removing merciless just because of this.

Agree ....but not even make it stupidly easy like almost is now, if you read carefully this thread I was advising to the dev if there's a possibility to have players set the lvl of the area before enter it ....

....if they remove merciless....I don't see for me a reason to continue play later on :(

I'm in merciless now and I run into areas 4 lvl higher and I start get some fun and died few times (finally), so yes....no merciless ....no reason to play :S

So you think the game is easy and you still haven't even beat merciless nor tried any of the high level maps? How about you get to endgame and then give your judgement. PoE definitely has hit the right spot on where difficulty should be. This game doesn't need to be a brick wall gearcheck like D3.

Last edited by muccmaster on Aug 17, 2012, 4:05:40 PM
"
Exotrax wrote:

why?

4 Difficultys * 2 Acts = 8

3 Difficultys * 3 Acts = 9

The game is longer than before

I bet the second and third Act on the Third Difficult are not easier than Merciless.
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Aug 17, 2012, 4:07:18 PM
give me tons of free orbs so I can buy crazy loot and I'll make the game look too easy too.

You can't really make a good judgement by watching that player. You'll see yourself when you get there.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Aug 17, 2012, 4:12:45 PM
"
Exotrax wrote:

Just because Merciless is getting axed, doesn't mean the game is getting any easier :/
The only thing Merciless does is increase the life/damage/etc. values on monsters; with the introduction of A3, all monsters in Cruel and Ruthless will be stronger than they are now. A2/3 Ruthless will probably be pretty close to the current Merciless.
"
give me tons of free orbs so I can buy crazy loot and I'll make the game look too easy too.

You can't really make a good judgement by watching that player. You'll see yourself when you get there.

+1
Kripp is in the top 1% of gamers, he shouldnt be the standard as to who GGG should aim to make the game challenging enough for.

Ive died plenty of times with my marauder, most of the time because I get sloppy and make a mistake. Thats why I like this game, you can beat most things just by playing smartly and being careful, whereas in D3 you either have the gear or you dont.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info