Totems immune to Chaos??

So I was rolling through Vaal Temple and was killing mobs with a hit/run Poison Arrow technique. Pop into a room.. pop a bunch of poison arrows to fill the room.. run out. I started noticing that totems never seem to take any damage from the poison clouds.

So I decided to test it out. I killed everything left the totem standing all alone and started popping poison arrows all around it. Health doesnt move. Popped a bunch more... typed /oos to make sure I knew where the totem is. Health doesnt move. Shoot the totem directly with poison arrow and health drops a small amount from direct hit. It appears that mob totems are immune to chaos. Is this normal or a bug??
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
apparently those were CI totems :P
Game? Who needs to play the game? Forums are funny enough

They are not affected by the burning damage from a fire trap either.
Totems don't take area damage. They won't take anything from the poison cloud or from the burning ground if you toss a fire trap on them.
A Belligerent Expert System
It seems they aren't affected by degeneration from areas of effect. So for Fire Trap, the initial explosion should affect it, but the burning ground won't.

For Poison Arrow, the initial hit (including the added Chaos damage from the skill) will affect it, but the poison cloud will not.

You can test if generic Chaos degeneration affects it by using Viper Strike. Its viper charges, which only provide Chaos degeneration, do work.
same name in-game
So is this intended or a bug? Does anyone know and if its intended can anyone say why?
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
I'm pretty sure that player totems can be killed by poison clouds or burning ground from alchemists.

My guess is that they disabled a bunch of status effects from being on enemy totems, and included the AoE degen effects in their list of things to disable (Or, forgot to include them in the list of things to enable).
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I'm pretty sure that player totems can be killed by poison clouds or burning ground from alchemists.
They cannot.

This is nothing to do with degeneration, it's because those effects (mechanically) are auras, and totems can't be affected by those.
New tech is planned that will allow us to be more discerning and let certain auras apply, such as those which are used to spread degen effects over an area.
Ah, interesting. Thanks for letting us know.
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info