How do I boost my totems?

Hi,

I wanted to build a character using totems as main damage output. I've seen some videos but I have not found any info on what supoport gems works or how to make them stonger.

1. What different totems are there?
Shockwave, decoy is all I know.

2. What gems will boost the totems?

3. Can I get faster pulse on the shockwave?

4. Can they explode dead corpses?

5. Can I use passive skills or gear that will boost the damage of the totems?

6. How can I increase the number of totems I can put out at the same time?
www.graffiticreator.net
1. http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/

2. Every support gem

3. Yes

4. Answered with link in 1

5. There are several passive skills to support the usage of totems, these provide an increased number of max. totems, totem life, durability and range, the totems damage itself gets stronger with every lvl of the gem.

6. See above.
thx for the reply but that page doesnt answer the questions. No specifics and that is why I made the post.

But nevermind, I guess the Diablo 3 trolling has become standard so I'll rest.
www.graffiticreator.net
"
MindGem wrote:
thx for the reply but that page doesnt answer the questions. No specifics and that is why I made the post.

You know its okay to be lazy and open a thread about a certain topic instead of researching it.

But if you are already given a link that makes it incredibly easy to get the information you want, and you are still too lazy or too dumb to use it correctly, then dont complain about the one who wanted to help you in the first place, thanks.
"
MindGem wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to build a character using totems as main damage output. I've seen some videos but I have not found any info on what supoport gems works or how to make them stonger.

1. What different totems are there?
Shockwave, decoy is all I know.

2. What gems will boost the totems?

3. Can I get faster pulse on the shockwave?

4. Can they explode dead corpses?

5. Can I use passive skills or gear that will boost the damage of the totems?

6. How can I increase the number of totems I can put out at the same time?

There's a totem support gem, which essentially means any spell can become a totem. Want a totem that casts curses? Got it. Want a totem that casts fireball? Got it. Those totems can be combined with other support gems, so you can get a multiple projectile fireball totem.

That should answer #1, 2 and 4.

As far as 6, there are 6 passive skills that affect totems. Go on the passive tree and search for totem and you'll be able to find them.

Not sure about the other questions so I'll let others answer those for you.

"
Mr_Smith wrote:
"
MindGem wrote:

You know its okay to be lazy and open a thread about a certain topic instead of researching it.

But if you are already given a link that makes it incredibly easy to get the information you want, and you are still too lazy or too dumb to use it correctly, then dont complain about the one who wanted to help you in the first place, thanks.

No I realize you're helping. Just the link has nothing of info or I'm too old to get it. I came off lazy but I think I'm just slow today.

Wish the forum got an update with more categories so one could find info easier.
www.graffiticreator.net
I believe you can only cast 1 totem by default.
There is a totem mastery to add another totem, which is behind Templar area.

My experience with double totem (level 60) is:
1) Watch your mana
2) You used 1 supportive to make it a totem, thus, it could be weaker after all
3) Casting a totem is slow, thus, you might get interruption if you are being attacked
4) They have limited life, not always reliable
5) Sometimes I find it hard to cast, because of your angle, and the place needs to be flat.
6) You spent a lot of nodes just to go around the totem nodes

If you are having double totem, I would suggest you to use it as a decoy. Place them together, and you shoot from range. So you can recast them once one of them disappeared.
"
MindGem wrote:

No I realize you're helping. Just the link has nothing of info or I'm too old to get it. I came off lazy but I think I'm just slow today.

Wish the forum got an update with more categories so one could find info easier.

Unavailable
+
Unavailable
will curse your enemies.

Unavailable
+
Unavailable
will attack your enemies.

There are MANY possibilities.

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
GrimJahk wrote:
"
MindGem wrote:

Unavailable
+
Unavailable
will curse your enemies.

Unavailable
+
Unavailable

Unavailable
"
markshiu wrote:
"
GrimJahk wrote:
"
MindGem wrote:

Unavailable
+
Unavailable
will curse your enemies.

Unavailable
+
Unavailable

Unavailable

thx for the replies fellers.
So Markshiu, is it fun, is it viable?
www.graffiticreator.net

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info