Unable to Map File

I have just purchased a beta key and I really love this game. But I cannot get into the Mud Flats. When I go to the portal and click it, when its loading, i get a Unable to Map File Exception popup. I click OK then i get client.exe has stopped working. anyone have any idea how i might fight this and actually be able to play this game past level 4. Thanks
you can try this.
Try changing your Path of Exile shortcut to say something like:
"Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/Client.exe" --nosound
This sounds like a problem with win32bit systems we're working on, but as Xtrail suggests, turning sound off may help you get past a problematic area.
Balance & Design
so just turning the sound off in game will get me into it... i will def try this out thanks a ton for the fast response and amazing game guys.
I have no tried running the game without sound but it still doesnt work. I am getting Unable to Map File whenever i enter any new zone outside of entering Terrace from town. I did a Pack Check and nothing came back so i assumed nothing was wrong. Any more ideas?
This error started for me after the last patch and i get it every 5min or so. At first the error appeared at zone transitions but now everywhere. Its impossible for me to play at all.
There are other 2 thread about this error:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/37179/page/1

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/30118/page/1

Turning off sounds is a known solution that works most of the time. However playing soundless really lessens our experiences, hoping for GGG to find a proper solution to the problem soon.
"
skillcapped34 wrote:
I have no tried running the game without sound but it still doesn't work. I am getting Unable to Map File whenever i enter any new zone outside of entering Terrace from town. I did a Pack Check and nothing came back so i assumed nothing was wrong. Any more ideas?

Try turning off shadows too. It lowers the memory requirements a little more. Helps a little on my system.
Open beta is still BETA.
I had the same issue last night. It happened when i was in act2 and defeated the end boss. I opened a portal to town and it popped that error and crashed. I cried a little because i didn't have time to pick up the rare drops. So sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info