Survability Issues

Hey guys im currently a lvl51 2h marauder on merciless, and having some serious survability issues, especially ranged mobs with enchanted arrwows...fire\poison or light just melt me.

My stats currently are something like 400 str, 2.2k armor, 1.2k hp & 75 resists all.

My passive tree looks something like this http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAANTk5gHOOIsFkiF6B2uU1Qe-sDIKZdlOD0i74hIhjyMV42mdFxUX1ikZ4xMrzcdDMZNJ9zSoAXk3xCN_PSQAtUddgsJRYZ0tVHnnAGgNYZlyn1bUdZ0axHhNAbp631gQfduJLs2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz9M_8HvUi8Srojeodqh2tD3Pg9165pCkcPFt-6bVjIP08G7nL7Tqh1v3y3AZ26HH6dS5wCDNEqyOqC96ieMraEWJg5Mkt6LQarnWRGH8pTUUygGufYQJ_inWKw-42NnGr-o7bj8=

Far from perfect probably, completly new to POE and i just kinda winged it lol

So any advices on incresing survability? Kinda hard to lvl like this, every death is like 2 or 4 bars of xp and dying a lot >_<

Thanks in advance for any help
Have you tried using a totem like Shockwave or Decoy?
"
rmassiat wrote:
Hey guys im currently a lvl51 2h marauder on merciless, and having some serious survability issues, especially ranged mobs with enchanted arrwows...fire\poison or light just melt me.

My stats currently are something like 400 str, 2.2k armor, 1.2k hp & 75 resists all.

My passive tree looks something like this http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEAANTk5gHOOIsFkiF6B2uU1Qe-sDIKZdlOD0i74hIhjyMV42mdFxUX1ikZ4xMrzcdDMZNJ9zSoAXk3xCN_PSQAtUddgsJRYZ0tVHnnAGgNYZlyn1bUdZ0axHhNAbp631gQfduJLs2xIFfRND3Xy9UXz9M_8HvUi8Srojeodqh2tD3Pg9165pCkcPFt-6bVjIP08G7nL7Tqh1v3y3AZ26HH6dS5wCDNEqyOqC96ieMraEWJg5Mkt6LQarnWRGH8pTUUygGufYQJ_inWKw-42NnGr-o7bj8=

So any advices on incresing survability? Kinda hard to lvl like this, every death is like 2 or 4 bars of xp and dying a lot >_<

*Spec out of Blood Magic & unwavering stance.
*Take the life nodes available with the points freed up
*Get more life on your gear. 1.2K is way too low with that many life nodes, you should be around 1,800 or so.
*Pick up that endurance charge node, and roll enduring cry. (it's not hard to hit "w" once every 10 seconds, and it's a huge bonus to survivability)

Just a quick note on Enduring Cry: As long as there is 1 monster within range, you will 1. Refresh your Charge, 2. Gain 1 charge (if possible). You can keep it maxed against a boss with no trouble, it's a good skill to link with blood magic and increased range.

In my mind, Enduring Cry (and endurance charges in general) are completely overpowered and essential, the only reason this isn't obvious is how easy the game is until level 55+.

Last edited by Vandal2k on Aug 16, 2012, 4:00:41 PM
"
Vandal2k wrote:
"
rmassiat wrote:

*Spec out of Blood Magic & unwavering stance.
*Take the life nodes available with the points freed up
*Get more life on your gear. 1.2K is way too low with that many life nodes, you should be around 1,800 or so.
*Pick up that endurance charge node, and roll enduring cry. (it's not hard to hit "w" once every 10 seconds, and it's a huge bonus to survivability)

Just a quick note on Enduring Cry: As long as there is 1 monster within range, you will 1. Refresh your Charge, 2. Gain 1 charge (if possible). You can keep it maxed against a boss with no trouble, it's a good skill to link with blood magic and increased range.

In my mind, Enduring Cry (and endurance charges in general) are completely overpowered and essential, the only reason this isn't obvious is how easy the game is until level 55+.

Blood magic ins't a prob, i got enought health regen to spam forever without loosing health, specing out of unwavering stance...dunno got like 200 evasion atm not like its gonna make a massive diference.

As for Enduring Cry im using it, keeping the 3 orbs up as much as i can, need to get the nodes to get it up to 5 orbs.

Btw as far as buff's what are u guys running? im running only anger atm, kinda wanted the 20% extra armor buff tho.
That's the other reason to dump blood magic:

I use Hatred (+25% physical damage as frost), determination (+20% armor) and Grace (+1200 evasion). All of these auras require mana.

It's not the life loss from blood magic that is a problem, it's the loss of the ability to use the best auras. Feel free to support gem your abilties into Blood Magic.

And once you use grace, you'll see why unwavering stance is untenable, it's a huge survivability increase.

Link your gear?

"
Vandal2k wrote:
That's the other reason to dump blood magic:

I use Hatred (+25% physical damage as frost), determination (+20% armor) and Grace (+1200 evasion). All of these auras require mana.

It's not the life loss from blood magic that is a problem, it's the loss of the ability to use the best auras. Feel free to support gem your abilties into Blood Magic.

And once you use grace, you'll see why unwavering stance is untenable, it's a huge survivability increase.

Link your gear?

Hmm all buffs " require " mana i believe, but with blood magic instead of getting reserved mana u get reserved health, my anger at lvl10 or so reserves 85 hp. The main reason i have blood magic is because support gemed skills just take way to much mana, i was finding myself having to go back to B to refill the flasks sometimes, and not being able to spam ground slam :\ was running 2 hp flasks with 3 mana and wasn't enought many times lol :\

As for my gear, i dunno how to link :P lol
"
rmassiat wrote:

Hmm all buffs " require " mana i believe, but with blood magic instead of getting reserved mana u get reserved health, my anger at lvl10 or so reserves 85 hp. The main reason i have blood magic is because support gemed skills just take way to much mana, i was finding myself having to go back to B to refill the flasks sometimes, and not being able to spam ground slam :\ was running 2 hp flasks with 3 mana and wasn't enought many times lol :\

As for my gear, i dunno how to link :P lol

What i mean to say is:

With Blood magic, Hatred Aura, which is WAY better than Anger can't be used. (because it would tie up 40% of your life)

You should use the "Blood Magic Gem" linked to your heavy strike/ground slam, so that your primary skills still use life instead of mana. This is a "best of both worlds" situation.

So, your ground slam should be linked as: Ground Slam + Fire Damage + Melee Damage + Elemental Damage + Blood Magic (or something like that)
1. Why in the god damn world is there a "survivability issue" topic in the marauder forums?

2. For the first time in the history of my life on a video game related thread i learned a new word, "untenable." pretty cool word too :o
Last edited by murpdizzle on Aug 16, 2012, 6:44:51 PM
"
murpdizzle wrote:
1. Why in the god damn world is there a "survivability issue" topic in the marauder forums?

2. For the first time in the history of my life on a video game related thread i learned a new word, "untenable." pretty cool word too :o

yeah your comment was extremly helpful T_T
More HP and HP regen

get gear with + max life

totem with eneeble curse, this is ridiculously good
mobs do A LOT less dmg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info