Question about Mirrors and Uniques

Something caught my eye while reading the unique thread.

"Unique items are more than likely copies of their original counterparts, their mirrored status is simply hidden."

What do you mean original counterparts? Do you mean the base item, or do you mean the very first found unique?
Like for instance, the first person that found Rime Gaze, would he be able to mirror that?
Or did you guys just create the first uniques, mirror them yourselves and then hid the original ones?
Im guessing thats their sly way of saying you cant mirror uniques. I could be totally wrong though.
It's just a way to explain that uniques can't be mirrored because they are mirrored items themselves.
It's a good way for lore to fill in some holes. If I have a unique item that belonged to an ancient, legendary warrior, why do 500 other people also have it? Why can't I copy it like I can copy other items with the Mirror of Kalandra?

The explanation answers both questions. Over the eons, the original item was copied many times by other adventurers and exiles who wanted the most powerful things, and the copies were left behind by their owners for you to find. You can't copy it because you can't use the mirror on any copies, only original items.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Aug 16, 2012, 2:29:21 PM
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
It's a good way for lore to fill in some holes. If I have a unique item that belonged to an ancient, legendary warrior, why do 500 other people also have it? Why can't I copy it like I can copy other items with the Mirror of Kalandra?

The explanation answers both questions. Over the eons, the original item was copied many times by other adventurers and exiles who wanted the most powerful things, and the copies were left behind by their owners for you to find. You can't copy it because you can't use the mirror on any copies, only original items.

Why can you divine orb uniques then, and roll sockets?
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
"
Targuil wrote:
Don't ask me hard questions! I didn't make the system :P
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Figured we could need a pic

"

Divinity is something you shouldnt touch, for now.
Like most things, it comes at a high cost and is hard to controll.

Rerolling Sockets is lesser magic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
This thread is awesome.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
This thread is awesome.

Indeed it is.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
Chris wrote:
This thread is awesome.

Tell us your mirror "map word" system right NOW !!
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info