Diablo-esque games list....

http://www.playneverwinter.com/

Sorta. It's being called "Neverwinter". And if you haven't seen it, take a look at the upcoming Daggerdale.

Sounds like it may be a hack and slash.
D&D is seriously the best.
Yep. I don't fall head over for any of the pc titles (dont flame me) but the tabletop is great.

Speaking of that, it should be interesting how the 4th Edition translates into a pc game.
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Ok, so besides the useual go-to games (D2,TQ,TL) what games on this list are... actually good? And not, "I loved it in 1998" good but "still good in 2011"?

Torchlight. Unfortunately it has no multiplayer part. Torchlight 2 will come out soon (in July i think) which does have multiplayer. And they are working on a free2play MMO version of Torchlight. So, there will be quite a lot coming towards the hack'n'slay friends this year :)
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
You could add to SCI-FI Face of Mankind.
Its a player driven game, pretty free to do what you want in that game, chosing from 8 factions and there are no npcs ^^

Mythos wasnt my cup of team.. too WoW ish meh!
Titan Quest is master after Diablo series ^^
I am BloodBath I am hate
I am the man In the black cape
Supporting Path of Exile
Forever To the End of day

Join the POE Xfire group for new friends!
http://www.xfire.com/communities/pathofexile/
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
Ok, so besides the useual go-to games (D2,TQ,TL) what games on this list are... actually good? And not, "I loved it in 1998" good but "still good in 2011"?

DeathSpank
is good, but its sort of a parody or hack n slash, but its still plenty fun
just don't expect realism or gore

for example, one of the quests is to smack the crap out of monsters

literally

you get a special hammer and when you kill the monsters with it, you knock the crap out of them, collect the crap and take it back the to NPC

it is a really fun game
I agree. I own Deathspank and Deathspank: ToV and both are very fun and entertaining.
i hope the following diablo clones like grim dawn,poe will be better as the original;)
"
DoDoBird wrote:
Aside from being an ARPG NoX is pretty much different in every way (amazing game and had even better MP =( still miss it)

Nox ftw!
You can't spell Hustle without STL...suckas...
Nice game I found today - Din's Curse. Diablo-clone, weak graphics, but quite refreshing)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info