Dark Forest PROBLEM

Hello, I've been playing for like a week now, I had the usual crashes when loading maps but they work after a game restart. The problem I'm having now with Dark Forest map on Act 2 - Cruel difficulty won't get fixed with a client restart.

The game freeze at the loading screen, when I minimize the game a popup came out:

Blazing since 1999.
Last edited by Chili on Aug 15, 2012, 12:35:32 PM
BUMP please I cant go any further without solving this issue, all my quests requires passing through that map.
Blazing since 1999.
if it were me I would attempt to uninstall the game then re-install it fresh.

would fix any corruption that may have happened during install.

if that failed I would download a new client and repeat the above with a freshly downloaded game.
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for the reply, the problem solved itself after 2 days, don't know how tho.
Blazing since 1999.
i have the same problem, that does not solves. reinstallating doesn't helps.
what to do?
Most of the time, those issues are as a result of patching the game not through a VPN so it gets corrupt data from your ISP cache rather than downloading the correct file from the patching servers.

This can be corrected by restoring a known good backup, then patching again over VPN.

If you have these issues often, I would recommend changing your method of launching PoE. What you should probably do is always launch through a VPN to start with then once you get ingame you can turn off the VPN and play as normal. This will ensure that each time you launch the game when there could be a potential patch, it will always patch over VPN.

I also always recommend keeping at least 1 known good backup around in case these problems happen and you need to restore an old backup and re-patch. I actually keep 2 to 3 prior versions as backup. My system right now has 0.10.4, 0.10.5, and 0.10.6 backups in addition to the current Content.ggpk file (which is also 0.10.6 something). That way if there are any problems, I can copy over the 0.10.6 again and re-patch if needed, or if 0.10.6 happens to be corrupt, I can go to 0.10.5 which I know is good, or even back to 0.10.4. When I get 0.10.7 I will delete 0.10.4 and carry on.

If you don't have any backups, you might need to get the VPN working and then either rename or delete the current content.ggpk and re-download the whole thing (by launching PoE without that file there). It will need to download that whole file again which can take some time, but if you do it over VPN, it should not get corrupted again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info