A New ARPG Site

Friends of the Path of Exile community.

It is with great excitement, that I inform you that very soon we will be launching a professional site dedicated to the ARPG genre. We have felt for some time that we need our own news, reviews, and much more. I am not talking one or two articles a day and "hey, here is a new patch, check the notes". I am talking about the IGN, Destructoid, Joystiq, etc. of dungeon crawling games. IT IS TIME for a revolution in the ARPG genre! We are doing this because A) we love Hack 'n Slash, and B) we want more developers to see that there is a true demand for these types of games! We have been part of the ARPG community for a long time, now we want to take it to the next level. As part of the site we will obviously be having extensive coverage for the Path of Exile series as it is obviously HUGE for this genre in not only how great the game is, but also that the game shows true potential in the F2P scenario.

At present, we are looking for people that are passionate about gaming and have decent writing skills to add to our team. While the position is not a currently paid position, you will have the opportunity to receive early review access to games, there might be opportunities to represent the site at some of the gaming conferences (E3, PAX, etc.), and it could be a great asset to a resume for breaking into the games industry. In the end, if the site grows, it could turn into a paid position.

Really, we love this genre. We love these games. We love everything about dungeon crawling! So, if you would like to be apart of this revolution, I invite you to shoot me a PM with some information about yourself. We would love to have you on our team!!

Currently we are looking for a Path of Exile Representative (will help us cover the happenings of the Torchlight community and any Torchlight news), reporters, article writers, and game reviewers. I know that there is some SERIOUS talent in these forums. I have been here a while and have seen some incredible content written. Please shoot me a PM!

We will be announcing site details (name, site location) very soon, so stay tuned!
ARPGamer.com
Delving dungeons deep to deliver the news
i only hope the best luck to your project, hope all things goes smoth
Thank you! We are hoping that it really takes off as well!

We are looking for a skilled graphic artist to join us as well!
ARPGamer.com
Do you have any examples of your games writing?

I find the only game site I read is Rock, Paper, Shotgun, because the quality of writing there is so far beyond what you find on most other sites.

The whole unpaid writing thing seems a bit dodgy to me :/
The reason it is unpaid is because we are a startup. This is not a company. We are a group of people that greatly enjoy ARPG genre games. We are trying to build of team of dedicated individuals that enjoy writing and gaming. We are not trying to shaft anyone and there is nothing suspicious about we are doing. If the site gains enough popularity that the advertisement money comes in, we will certainly begin paying people. :)

ARPGamer.com
Good luck
"The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about" - Derek Bok

http://emberadventurersclub.enjin.com/profile/2898733
Sounds great! Best of luck with it!! :D
Thank you for your well wishes!! We are really doing this for you guys!
ARPGamer.com
Sounds cool. GL

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”
--Herm Albright
Thank you very much all. I appreciate everyone's PMs and those of you that have now joined the team!! Welcome!

We still have a PoE writing position available as well as one graphic artist. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!
ARPGamer.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info