CI is to good/CI should convert 100% of chaos damage taken to physical damage

DISCUSS
Good idea +1
RIP Bolto
i don't fully understand your position
CI mobs already deal a fair amount of damage to CI users.

Should this happen, they'd also have to implement chaos resist, which I think they should either way, in some form.
There IS chaos resist..... CI is not the only source that gives chaos resistance.

I agree with chaos immunity being too op; but if this is implemented, I can't use Blood Rage on my CI shadow.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
"
wxyjac wrote:

I agree with chaos immunity being too op; but if this is implemented, I can't use Blood Rage on my CI shadow.

there will be a new Keystone which allows to leech ES instead of Life.

So maybe u will lose 4% ES/sec but with 5% ES Leech u will get more ES than u lose.

And i think 100% Chaos Resist from CI will be stupid for PvP because some speccs will have no chance if they do many chaos damage.
With Chaos damage converted to physical damage or "Chaos damage can´t ignore your ES anymore" it would work better in pvp
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Aug 14, 2012, 10:20:46 PM
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
"
wxyjac wrote:

So maybe u will lose 4% ES/sec but with 5% ES Leech u will get more ES than u lose.

And i think 100% Chaos Resist from CI will be stupid for PvP because some speccs will have no chance if they do many chaos damage.
With Chaos damage converted to physical damage or "Chaos damage can´t ignore your ES anymore" it would work better in pvp

That wouldn't work for many reasons. The glaringly big one is that if you suddenly change chaos damage to go past ES, then it is a one shot kill. OP as fuck. And as it stands, I think CI is balanced enough, and chaos damage skills (such as poison arrow) do a physical damage on hit effect. CI is just a way to circumvent one type of damage.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:

I'm not concerned about the es lost from Blood Rage.

I am more concern about the ES recovery.

The only reason ES works well, and on par with life even though they got flasks, life leech, life regen, and life from kill is because ES has a quick recovery time.

Blood Rage completely removes that if chaos damage is dealt as physical damage, disabling your ability to recover ES. You're basically making your ES = your life, with so little source to regen it.

edit: And from fight to fight, you have to wait for blood rage to wear off, also losing the charges, to be able to regen ES.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Last edited by wxyjac on Aug 14, 2012, 10:51:11 PM
Well, that'd certainly get me to stop using CI.

The only reason it's strong right now is because chaos damage is so prevalent and difficult to deal with. That's 90% of why I'm using it right now, certainly.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
Last edited by Caiada on Aug 15, 2012, 12:29:58 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who actually doesn't like/use CI. The chaos immunity is a big plus (CI may as well stand for Chaos Immunity), but the lack of ability to flask HP back instantly is pretty disconcerting for me. I feel like criticals are the current best way to raise your DPS, and region around CI has plenty of crit stuff. However, I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of DPS in order to have a preferable form of survivability (HP/Regen - my favorite in every game, especially this one :D). Not always a possibility/worthwhile, but I'll usually make the stretch if I can. I also find getting stunned to be really frustrating, and armor works so well with HP builds.

In any case, I'm not so sure a nerf like that is quite necessary...it's still entirely possible for CI based characters to have their shield melted away pretty quickly, from what I've seen in maps. Lots of monsters do chaos damage, but most (or all?) of them do physical as well.

Chaos resist would be pretty awesome, though.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info