Looting Chests/reloading multiple instance mechanics question.

ok , so i am curious how this works in PoE.

there are a few zones that are relatively small but have a large number of various sized chests, plus things zones like The Cave, Dread Thicket, and even the Deep Dweller..

how may times can I just phase run thru a zone popping chests - killing end boss (thicket/cave/dweller) and reloading the zone. rinse repeat. BEFORE the chests start dropping less quality stuff, or no stuff for that matter?

or does this even happen.. like in a few other games they have steps in place, like in DDO ( yes i know this isnt a MMO), after about five times looting a certain chest it stops dropping loot for like 18 hours(on a timer reset).

is there something like that in place in PoE??

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so.

I've ran "MF runs" on one of my witches through normal to gear up an alt.

Instances reset every 8-15 minutes, I ran the big crab + chest in act 1, Brutus and Merveil about 5 times for normal then the 2 caves in Act 2 and the Felshire Ruins about 5 times and never noticed any lack of quality or quantity.
Pure Summoner Witch Build inc
"
PapaJunk wrote:
ok , so i am curious how this works in PoE.

there are a few zones that are relatively small but have a large number of various sized chests, plus things zones like The Cave, Dread Thicket, and even the Deep Dweller..

how may times can I just phase run thru a zone popping chests - killing end boss (thicket/cave/dweller) and reloading the zone. rinse repeat. BEFORE the chests start dropping less quality stuff, or no stuff for that matter?

or does this even happen.. like in a few other games they have steps in place, like in DDO ( yes i know this isnt a MMO), after about five times looting a certain chest it stops dropping loot for like 18 hours(on a timer reset).

is there something like that in place in PoE??

I've tested a few things and haven't found anything significantly more profitable than just farming densely populated zones like fellshrine.

I did 5 runs of caves where I only killed the final boss and looted the large chest. Running the wrong direction when you first get in really makes it tedious. I definitely got much less than I would have in the same time just playing the game.

With multiple players, it could be possible to farm an area like that and get nice rewards if you do it right. But the way I'm thinking of would take a loot of chromatin and cooperation and probably not yield drastically more rewards.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
I believe the IIR and IIQ stated that "killed by" on the character MISC section, thus, chest might not be affected.

Anyways, I think the boss gives relatively good drops as well.
thx for the responses guys, tho mark you misunderstood the question, but no biggie.

I was hoping for a more definitive answer to if there is or isn't a chest farming mechanic in place, maybe from a dev.

I dont mind either way, personally i feel in an ARPG - smash and grab can be fun sometimes.

anywho, thx for the replies ^^

"
PapaJunk wrote:
thx for the responses guys, tho mark you misunderstood the question, but no biggie.

I was hoping for a more definitive answer to if there is or isn't a chest farming mechanic in place, maybe from a dev.

I dont mind either way, personally i feel in an ARPG - smash and grab can be fun sometimes.

anywho, thx for the replies ^^

I know what you mean (probably just my interpretation problem). I think the devs prefer killing the monsters, and make use of IIR and IIQ.

If you want some excitement, such as Treasure Goblin in D3, that may be something more reasonable (hope totem/summons won't aggressively attack them).
I do beelieve IIR/IIQ works with chests, and I also know quite a few players that just run fellshrine/ thicket/ or the cave all day. Some of us when teamed are qquick enough to have 3-4 instaces up before they expire, I think its more profitable killing everything along the way though.
The answer is 42.
This isn't DDO; you're allowed to farm at the same place without getting penalized.

I played DDO before, and no, chest in PoE doesn't decrease the chest level every time you pop it.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info