New to PoE (regarding character wipe at end of beta)

I am aware that the closed beta characters will be wiped but i wanted to know if the OPEN beta will have its characters wiped when the full game gets released.

Can anyone confirm? Also, from open to full game, will the tokens/purchases be gone?

Many thanks!

PS- D3 convert here :P
Last edited by Griever114 on Aug 14, 2012, 3:19:06 PM
"
Griever114 wrote:
I am aware that the closed beta characters will be wiped but i wanted to know if the OPEN beta will have its characters wiped when the full game gets released.

Can anyone confirm? Also, from open to full game, will the tokens/purchases be gone?

Many thanks!

PS- D3 convert here :P

Start of Open Beta is the final wipe.

Games like this, OB is basically release.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Aug 14, 2012, 3:36:37 PM
Thanks for the info! Im looking forward to this!
"
Panda413 wrote:
Games like this, OB is basically release.

This is probably true of most games they just call it a "release" instead and then fix most of the problems after the release. At least that's the way it seems lately with a lot of the games that have been released.

Who needs a QA dept when your customers do that jobs for you!
I hope they reserve the rights to wipe in OB, just in case OB gets bad (hackers, and etc.), so they can manage it better in the actual release.
Wipe is because you have a userbase that has played for a year, maybe longer.

Compared to someone just starting to play that's a huge, huge, huge, giant advantage.

If you need to start wiping accounts because of people exploiting the game then you have a serious problem. Wiping whenever you feel like it after main release just because there might be a problem with item duping and etc would kill the game.

Who would play a game post-beta where he can't be sure his account will be there tomorrow just because the devs can't revert back individual accounts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info