Make new loading screens with monster 3D art pictures!

^^
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
bump
I like this idea. But it's probably more work than you realize to clean up concept images to be presentable for use in a loading screen.
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
I like this idea. But it's probably more work than you realize to clean up concept images to be presentable for use in a loading screen.

I'm not trying to preach anything here, I'm just passing on inspiration someone gave that helped me, personally, to get through things I doubted I could ever do, to get through things said to be hard.

Why put the cart in front of the horse? That's what one of my college professors would tell me when I went to college every time I doubted myself saying I couldn't do something, making up every excuse I could, thereby convincing myself not to do it... until I actually did it.

You guys can do it (among other things,) and with more support funds coming to PoE, it's not going to be a matter of can you do it, but whether or not you guys want to do it.

P.S. +1 This is indeed a fine idea, an idea I hope to see during the polishing phase of PoE.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jan 23, 2014, 5:58:17 AM
"
Rhys wrote:

or you could just use the images in the closing credits. those are sooooo long no one really finishes viewing the whole thing anyway :)
Just saw grandmaster newsletter pictures

http://imgur.com/a/t2oKS

before seeing that fairgraves sketch, i never thought it looks this cool, i never observed it somehow ingame, so again, thats why you should make this kind of loading screens
Last edited by Moeeom123 on Mar 28, 2015, 4:37:05 PM
"
dlrr wrote:
"
Rhys wrote:

or you could just use the images in the closing credits. those are sooooo long no one really finishes viewing the whole thing anyway :)

Yup. And leave the credits for some fan-art. There are a lot to choose. Plus, some tutorial tips or lore wouldn't be bad, items flavor text, quotes, etc. Make the loading screen enjoyable.
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 28, 2015, 4:48:48 PM
Not sure 3D art is a good idea for loading screens.
3D is good while moving.
Static images imo are best as 2D art, or at least 3D with a "mask".
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info