Cube World

hey anyone try this game yet, it's out on alpha right now... I downloaded a alpha version from TPB, tried playing some, and the lag is rediculous for me so im gonna wait a couple more weeks for them to tweak the performance before i try it out again but the game is genious I so wanted to play more...

anyways if you got your hands on this without lagging, how was the game so far??
Last edited by AlphaMetric on Jul 7, 2013, 5:45:03 PM
"
Looks kinda funny, I might play it for an hour or something, but Minecraft sucks, so that's kind of a weak point right off the bat for me.

it plays 100% different then minescraft, or so i'm told...
I got the game but right now it doesn't work correctly on my computer. Causes huge CPU usage even in the menu.

I got a few minutes of playing in and it was fun. I want to get a hang glider, then I will probably spend all my time looking for cliffs to jump off.
Took it from TPB too, because the registration (required to buy) is always down atm.

Just spent 10h/day for the last 2 days playing. It's damn addictive once you get into the higher levels (10+), when you can glide, ride your pet and have more skills to play with.

Also, the loots get really cool after a while (found my first orange and a few purples tonight).

The biomes are huge, i've never spent so much time exploring.

P.S : Works perfectly on my laptop (GTX 660m, i7-3630QM)
Last edited by Bobbyblind on Jul 7, 2013, 6:57:15 PM
soo I lower render distance at 25%... well atleast now it somewhat playable ill see how it goes..
I've been following the guy's blog about this for ages, and would have bought the alpha if I could register on the site to do so. Will have to wait until the server load is a bit down.
The minimap is gorgeous.

I'm interested in seeing what he does with the engine he's written. Right now it's in the faux MMO style with a focus on exploration and a few quick random dungeons. That's not super interesting to me, but with more avenues for creativity to show through, either via more complex character builds or more interesting crafting/building, it could be greatly improved.

Definitely watching this closely.
well looks like it stills lags too much for me... takes like 2 minutes before my inventory or map actually appears when i press the short cut keys... seriously, am bummed out... hope they fix lag soon.. wanted to play more...
I've been following the development of it, and it is a great concept. I like how you can design you own weapons with attachments and what not. Sad to see the lag is seriously affecting it through beta launch though...
I wasn't aware that there are performance issues. I have everything at max. (well, there aren't that many graphic settings to begind with^^)

The game is a bit slow at the beginning. After I spawned, I had to walk around quite a while before I found monster without a red nametag. And the town is pretty confusing to navigate.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info