Could really do with an Orb of Fusing recipe...

"
markshiu wrote:

6 sockets item gives you almost 2 fusing.
I think 4L is too easy to get, maybe a 5L item gives you an additional fusing.

They could make it a little harder . like any item with 4 linked sockets of the same color - or perhaps 1 weapon and 1 armor with 4 linked sockets
You know what I want them to do?

Make it so you can buy multiples of things at a time. Then maybe I wouldn't find buying them from the vendors after having to farm trucktons of blues for hours such an added chore. :P

That alone would go a long way to alleviating some of the arduousness of things.
I think fusings need to be re-tuned a little. It takes a TON of them to set up a good item, there is no recipe, the vendor price is relatively high (8 alterations is not cheap because of all the scrolls it takes to ID stuff to get the shards), and the drop rate is quite low.
Open beta is still BETA.
I personally am fine with how fusings are at the moment. Its not hard at all to end the day with a stack of fusings or more, and that's without selling 6S items to the vendor.

ID scrolls are plentiful. If you have a Portal gem, just pick up the TP scrolls and sell them back to an NPC and solve your shortage of Wisdom Scrolls. That'll allow you to identify all the rares you want to your heart's content and reap in the fusings.

Seriously, its not that hard. I do agree that you should be able to buy from the npcs faster though. Ctrl+Click to buy directly, or buy multiple at one time would be very convenient instead of opening and closing the buy window to refresh their inventory of items.

-Shaeltal
"
Shaeltal wrote:
I personally am fine with how fusings are at the moment. Its not hard at all to end the day with a stack of fusings or more, and that's without selling 6S items to the vendor.

How do you do this? I found a total of 8 fusings from lvl 1-42.
Open beta is still BETA.
"
MorriganGrey wrote:
"
Shaeltal wrote:

Its far easier at higher levels to get currency. Easier to get More IR/IQ, items drop 6l which sell for more, sell to other players. Lower levels are more spent progressing.

For example, i didnt find my first alchemy in the 2 week ladder race until 45/50, but ended with plenty of extra after reaching 70.

Edit:
Also, with regards to the rate of finding fusings, I don't believe it should be improved, as I find acquiring 5L/6L to be significantly game changing for a character. The game is more than playable relying on 4L items, as I've spent almost all my time in PoE using. The last thing I want to see is one of the hardest to obtain, yet most powerful, things become trivial to obtain.
Last edited by indczn on Aug 14, 2012, 4:23:09 PM
I wouldn't mind if they were changed to work "better" instead, with the drop rate staying as it is now.

As an example, and I don't know if I have been extremely lucky here, but Chromatic Orbs usually provide the desired result (all red sockets) with very few clicks, sometimes only one.

This appears to be orders of magnitude easier than getting links right with Orb of Fusing.

It just feels like a real bottleneck when it comes to getting upgrades from crafting, but I guess that could be the plan. I haven't look into all the skills that much, but I'm guessing 5 linked support gems to a skill can get pretty crazy.
"
MorriganGrey wrote:
"
Shaeltal wrote:

Obviously your level is too low.
You get more 6 sockets item from Merciless, thus, it turns into 2 fusing.

You probably want to get to endgame before complaining about the drop rates. To me, it is fine, and you don't often need an upgrade when you are slow leveling.

It is fun how this game progress. You find those currency items become useless as you level.

The ultimate orbs are probably skill quality gems, since currently there is no need to replace them (until they introduce active skill tree/gems combine, or allow to sell level 17+ gems for quality upgrade).
There is a recipe, it just hasn't been found yet.
I said this would happen ages ago..... everyone who is using the current recipes is getting a ridiculous amount of chaos and alchs (aslong as there stash is large enough) and its pushed the value of fusing way up. Now people with want to flood the market with fusing aswell, hell whats the point in it taking months to make a nice item.

Lets ruin the game and make it easy and all get fully geared in 2 weeks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info