Could really do with an Orb of Fusing recipe...

God damn they seem so rare. 3 characters at 60 and barely had enough fusings to set up 2 items. Took 25 on just one item to get it linked properly. Left 4 for another, which will sit useless until I get more.

You can acquire both jewellers and chromatics through recipes and they are used in conjunction with fusing in almost equal amounts. Its really a bitch to have such a lack of fusings. :(
"
DeviousAlpha wrote:
God damn they seem so rare. 3 characters at 60 and barely had enough fusings to set up 2 items. Took 25 on just one item to get it linked properly. Left 4 for another, which will sit useless until I get more.

You can acquire both jewellers and chromatics through recipes and they are used in conjunction with fusing in almost equal amounts. Its really a bitch to have such a lack of fusings. :(

You do know that you can buy them from vendors?

"
Torin wrote:
"
DeviousAlpha wrote:

You do know that you can buy them from vendors?

And the direct vendor buys are always extreme rip-offs in comparison with the recipes. I don't understand why two of the three have recipes while one does not, when they are used in near equal amounts.
I agree with this. I have multiple items I can't use because the sockets are off linked.
FFA loot = single player game.

"I'm sorry I steal all the things, it's the only way I know how to say I love you." - a FFA looter.
Oh man, I could not agree more! It is crazy, I spend my day farming and selling rares just for the materials to buy Fusing Orbs... and that is a major pain/rip-off compared to a recipe.

Why not just make any 4L item give you a fusing and be done with it already!
"On the way up was a bridge over a cascading stream they had to cross; and under the bridge lived a great ugly troll..."

IGN: BigBooger
"
reagentz wrote:
Oh man, I could not agree more! It is crazy, I spend my day farming and selling rares just for the materials to buy Fusing Orbs... and that is a major pain/rip-off compared to a recipe.

This would be better than nothing definitely.
"
DeviousAlpha wrote:
"
reagentz wrote:

This would be better than nothing definitely.

6 sockets item gives you almost 2 fusing.
I think 4L is too easy to get, maybe a 5L item gives you an additional fusing.
4L isn't that frequent. 5L is extremely rare and most of the time you sell it to someone not vendor it.
Agreed, Fusings are very rare and at level 71 I still don't have a 5-link, let alone 6-link weapon or chest. That's a big bottleneck to how interesting and powerful my skills are, so my character feels like it's really plateauing now.
OP, it sounds like you're very reluctant to buy fusings. You call it an extreme rip-off. Makes me believe you're living with just whatever you happen to find from lucky drops.

I have to point out that a fusing from the vendors costs 8 alterations. First, this is a rather fair price, it's meant to be a big grind to get your 300 fusings to set up that 6L. Also, if you learn how to farm them efficiently you can put together ~1 fusing every 10 minutes or so.

I would NOT like to see devs lower this hurdle, getting your perfect socket configuration is one of the very last timesinks in the game. One that you only have to repeat a very small number of times.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 13, 2012, 11:57:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info