Notice on log in for server shut down

Just a suggestion that in future people need some kind of notification on log in that the server will go down for maintenance/patching, I logged in, loaded up a lvl 63 map I used chisels on and then I see in chat that the realm will shut down in 5 minutes. Has taken me a while to collect some 62-63lvl maps and the first time I used some chisels, after rolling size and rare mobs then regaling it; not very happy at all.

30 minutes warning is also not good enough, I started a size% map the other day and after 5 minutes the 30 minute shut down notice came up and might have gotten 75% through the map.

I realize this is closed beta but it needs to be changed for open beta.
Last edited by ZeroHate on Aug 13, 2012, 4:53:08 AM
A certain other MMO I used to play had a system where there would be a small timer overlay on the screen that would countdown till server shutdown.

It might help or it might not, but it would be nice in case you might miss the general chat messages.
Last edited by xanmalone on Aug 13, 2012, 12:50:28 PM

Well the issue was I logged in between the countdown messages in chat, started up a map I was waiting to do then I get a 5 minute warning.

A very obvious countdown clock as soon as you log in would be fine, or a pop up notification on log in.

"
ZeroHate wrote:

Well the issue was I logged in between the countdown messages in chat, started up a map I was waiting to do then I get a 5 minute warning.

A very obvious countdown clock as soon as you log in would be fine, or a pop up notification on log in.

Yea, the global chat message isn't sufficient at the moment. It can be easy to miss the message amidst the spam of global chat. A timer would be awesome.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info