Really Disappointed at the Boss Kill ACT1

I think item quantity might be too effective compared to not having it. It seems the distribution between high item quantity and not having any makes too much of a difference in my opinion.
I seem to remember getting better upgrades from the quest rewards than the boss fights... drops are extremely random. There are a few quests where you pick an item and it rolls a rare at your character level. My marauder got a sweet 2H mace in act 2 from that.

Most of my best items are crafted. PoE is more about taking the drops you DO get and "building them up". RNG (Random Number Generation) is still a big part of it, but at least with all the different orb types you have a chance to turn an "almost good" item into a "great item".

Kripp has a great video about this:

PoE Item Progression Demonstrated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcpbOUvXCEE&feature=g-all-u

And yah, get as much "increased item quantity" as you can. Grinding Gear Games (GGG) separates Magic Find (MF) into 2 parts:

Increased Item Quantity (IIQ): more items drop (only MF attribute that affects currency items like alchemy orbs and maps)

Increased Item Rarity (IIR): item drops have better chance to be magic/rare/unique (how MF works in D3).

IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
"
Krogothic wrote:
I had some bad drops and things I could not use best was a flask. Bummed me out D3 all over again !

Just wondering if this is what I should be expecting from this game, just look for loot on normal mobs and not bosses?

The difference in this game and D3 is, you can change the attribute from bad to good. A white can be easily changed to a blue with a more common orb, while a white can be changed to a rare with a rare orb, and a blue also have an expensive orb to change to rare.

If you are unlucky, your hardwork will reward you here, unlike D3.
"
FatesDefiler wrote:
I think item quantity might be too effective compared to not having it. It seems the distribution between high item quantity and not having any makes too much of a difference in my opinion.

Indeed, the percentage could be huge.
"
Krogothic wrote:
I had some bad drops and things I could not use best was a flask. Bummed me out D3 all over again !

Just wondering if this is what I should be expecting from this game, just look for loot on normal mobs and not bosses?

you judge whole game from one boss kill? ;)

Yu have just bad luck i think. Overall the drops rates and qualities are far far far better in PoE than in D3. Including Uniques and usable rares.

In PoE:

- you WILL find uniques on your own
- you WILL find good rares on your own
- you WILL find upgrades to your chars on your own

just dont judge from one boss run. Also stasking a little of MF will help a lot in item hunt. ;) PErsonally i see big difference even on 30-50% increased rarity.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
Krogothic wrote:

you judge whole game from one boss kill? ;)

Yu have just bad luck i think. Overall the drops rates and qualities are far far far better in PoE than in D3. Including Uniques and usable rares.

In PoE:

- you WILL find uniques on your own
- you WILL find good rares on your own
- you WILL find upgrades to your chars on your own
- you WILL get good and unique drops from bosess (just not each time)

just dont judge from one boss run. Also stasking a little of MF will help a lot in item hunt. ;) PErsonally i see big difference even on 30-50% increased rarity.

EDIT: aahh.. i hit 'quote' instead 'edit'. Mod plz delete. Thx.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Aug 13, 2012, 8:14:50 AM
"
markshiu wrote:
"
FatesDefiler wrote:

Indeed, the percentage could be huge.
Well, the only reason I say this is because I was doing boss runs a few days ago, and one person had item gear on and when he killed the boss literally 10 times the amount of stuff would drop than if anybody else did. 10 times the loot. Now, I'm pretty sure he didn't have +%1,000 item quantity so something seems incorrect to me. I just think the stat is too effective and the difference between having it and not too drastic.
"
Krogothic wrote:
Nice info thanks, I am going to stick it out thur act 2 I have not been buying any gear so you can imagine how bad it is.

I will look at the vendors more and try upgrading more.

You aren't just going to get uniques on one kill of a boss.. If you've played D2 you would know better. My first unique came from cruel mode act 1 boss. And I've been having a blast doing boss runs over and over.

People these days are so brainwashed by how easy games have become.
So.. everytime you kill a boos you want guaranteed good drops?

Then you go farm for 2 hours.. max out in every slot and then what?
"
SabreWolf wrote:
So.. everytime you kill a boos you want guaranteed good drops?

Then you go farm for 2 hours.. max out in every slot and then what?

Then you get bored of the game and don't play again, obv :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info