Really Disappointed at the Boss Kill ACT1

I had some bad drops and things I could not use best was a flask. Bummed me out D3 all over again !

Just wondering if this is what I should be expecting from this game, just look for loot on normal mobs and not bosses?
I believe it is way more random than Diablo 3 could ever be. That being said I know boss runs work because a game buddy of mine was doing brutus runs all day and found some uniques (in normal difficulty). So it's all in the chance. Roll the dice and all that. Nice thing about POE is you will get some good items from normal play and not just bosses.

Also everything you know about Diablo 3 just erase from your mind while playing POE.
"
Krogothic wrote:
I had some bad drops and things I could not use best was a flask. Bummed me out D3 all over again !

Just wondering if this is what I should be expecting from this game, just look for loot on normal mobs and not bosses?

Pfft.
"
Krogothic wrote:

go back to d3 forums please. We dont want people like you here doing the same thing you guys did on the d3 official forum
"
obsivus wrote:
"
Krogothic wrote:

go back to d3 forums please. We dont want people like you here doing the same thing you guys did on the d3 official forum

Telling people to leave over asking a question. Whats wrong with you? Your comment is far more appropriate for the crap in TOG forum.
Standard Forever
"
Krogothic wrote:
I had some bad drops

Exactly. Sorry for your luck.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
"
Krogothic wrote:

If you don't mind, troll about D3 in the Off Topic forums. Don't mind the people being drawn in by your trolling if it was inadvertent though, they have had a bad time and are on edge about video game experiences.

I've noticed that unique bosses such as the act bosses usually drop about twice as much loot, but they are mainly there as a challenge for you, not to be loot piñatas. I hope you aren't as disappointed in the act 2 boss, it's a doozy! :D

Loot in the end-game is mainly gained through Maps, one-time use items which hold challenging levels, each with their own unique boss.

Generally the best loot can be found anywhere though. "6l" or six-linked items are some of the godliest equipment you can find, and it's extremely rare and random, it can drop anywhere level 50 and above, can appear in any rarity loot, meaning never turn off white items in the UI options, and keep an eye on socket links.

If you really need upgrades, you can almost always find an item your level from the vendor, and just upgrade it with currency orbs, or use those orbs to trade for something better.
Nice info thanks, I am going to stick it out thur act 2 I have not been buying any gear so you can imagine how bad it is.

I will look at the vendors more and try upgrading more.
To be perfectly honest it is all random.

Trading and or just getting lucky is the name of the game, that is the same be it PoE,D2,D3,insert MMO name here.

Sorry for the luck, but it does get better and I am sure you will find upgrades and what not just playing around or farming around in area's you enjoy running.
My first couple hours playing I found a very very awesome Marauder belt that people are saying is worth 6-8 gcps. As I have not played that long, I can't remember it's exact name, but it had 10% life and a total of +55 strength to it.

You've just got to stick it out with a game like this.

The great thing about this game versus D3, is that you are grinding and gearing and it's all towards a late-game goal. At some point in D3, you are grinding just to progress or get *1* item. With the system in this game, you will always have something useful to use, at a variety of different stages throughout the game.

I know people say to keep the D3 off of this forum, but you have to draw comparisons, as I'm sure the developers themselves played many games similar to those to come up with their own idea of an ARPG.

This game is quality. The first 10 hours I tested it on a friend's computer is far, far superior to the 160 hours vested in Diablo 3.

Thumbs up GGG.
Last edited by Castleguard on Aug 13, 2012, 2:35:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info