RIP in Peace....Rest in RIP

But thats what im saying tho, you seem a bit confused. The whole point is to show respect to the dead player by saying RIP, so what makes it so wrong to say RIP in peace? Should he not RIP in peace? Why do you not want to wish peace upon the dead?
"RIP in Peace" came from the speedrunning community, specifically speedrunners on twitch.
I find it endearing.
"
Stroggoz wrote:
But thats what im saying tho, you seem a bit confused. The whole point is to show respect to the dead player by saying RIP, so what makes it so wrong to say RIP in peace? Should he not RIP in peace? Why do you not want to wish peace upon the dead?

its not an issue with saying RIP to people who have died its the issue of people saying RIP in Peace

RIP ---->"in Peace" <------- the in peace after RIP ....it should only be RIP not RIP & in Peace ......

i give up im too tired to tell if your just trolling or really dont understand the meaning of RIP
yall have it wrong.... your supposed to say RID (rest in default), or RIPRID, or any combination or RIPRID in peace or pieces.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok
"
TheMadCow wrote:
what a what what now ....

Ok can we please clear this up?

Where the hell did this double up on RIP come from, I'm not sure if people actually dont know that RIP already stands for rest in peace or if this is a hipster "thing" now or something.... it makes no damn sense to say RIP in peace or Rest in RIP ....Someone please explain this strange phenomena that has seemingly affected this game?

In the real world, the one saying that really gets me is for real for real. WTF is that suppose to mean.

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
"
TheMadCow wrote:

Where the hell did this double up on RIP come from, I'm not sure if people actually dont know that RIP already stands for rest in peace or if this is a hipster "thing" now or something.... it makes no damn sense to say RIP in peace or Rest in RIP ....Someone please explain this strange phenomena that has seemingly affected this game?

RIP in peace = Rest in pieces in peace. Makes sense.

Someone must have used a mirror on "RIP in peace" to get "Rest in RIP". Bit of a waste IMO.

Perhaps a meme has been created in PoE where RIP is now an imaginary physical place rather than just a statement. That's the only way I can get "Rest in RIP" to make any grammatical sense.

Hope I've helped.
RIP=

rest in piss
RIP=

rest in piss
"
Jarchan wrote:
"
TheMadCow wrote:

RIP in peace = Rest in pieces in peace. Makes sense.

Someone must have used a mirror on "RIP in peace" to get "Rest in RIP". Bit of a waste IMO.

Perhaps a meme has been created in PoE where RIP is now an imaginary physical place rather than just a statement. That's the only way I can get "Rest in RIP" to make any grammatical sense.

Hope I've helped.

That would make sense....I will pretend that's what people mean when they say it. You helped a lot, put my mind at ease.
just one second i got to go to the atm machine
Today I descend to God hood, and your death shall pave the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info