Map Duplication Bug

I was running maps today and in the middle of clearing the map, I noticed that I had a map in my inventory (I had not picked up any maps this run). I quickly looked at it and realized that it was exactly the same map that I had just used.

I have no idea how this happened as this is the first time in all the maps I have done and, as far as I could tell, did not do anything differently in terms of using the map.

Here is a screenshot to show that the map I have in my inventory is exactly the same as the map I was currently running.

I also used the map to see if it was just a fake duplicated map but it worked just like any other map.

Last edited by hiderman on Aug 12, 2012, 2:57:04 AM
Happens 2 times for me too.
U had portal bug in this instance? Error mesage on trying enter portal "Failed to join instance because disconnected from server". Also 2 duped maps had 2 unique bosses mod.
Oh yea I had forgot to mention that. I did have a portal bug. It was the first time that I ever had a portal bug so that may be the main cause of the duplication.
Hi guys, thanks for the reports. Could you please clarify at which point this portal bug occurs? Is it when you first create the map instance using the machine in the eternal laboratory, or when entering the portal to the map, or when creating a town portal out of the map, or going through a portal out of the map? or some combination of these cases or something else I haven't thought of?

Also, if anyone else has this problem, please do tell us the full mods and values of the map, or screenshot them, so we can find it in the logs. Also if you can tell us roughly when it occurred that might help too.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 13, 2012, 1:29:26 AM
I'm not exactly sure when it occurs, but I can tell you that the duplicate map was in my inventory before I got the portal bug, however, I only got the error after having cleared the instance and tried to portal out (I was able to create the portal, but could not use it). I assume that both the portal bug and the map duplication bug are a result from a single cause when entering the map.
Thank you for the information! We're still investigating this. Could you also let us know whether you were still able to get back to the map after the portal bug occurred when leaving it? This information will confirm or deny Chris's suspiscion about what incorect state you're getting into - we believe you're unable to go back to the eternal laboratory (and thus get that error messge when portalling out of the map) because it's instance isn't there anymore, which would mean that if you went back, any remaining portals to the map would be gone (because they were in a different instance). Can you confirm whether this is the case?
Because I had already cleared the instance, I did not try to get back into the eternal laboratory after having re-logged. Unfortunately, I also can't recall if there was an ongoing instance when resetting the instance in order to test the duplicated map.
I was afraid that might be the case. If this happens again to you, or anyone else who reads this, letting us know that information could be very helpful. Hopefully we'll be able to track it down without that, but every bit helps.
Pmed it to support yesterday.
Happened 2 times.
Entered map, clear all mobs, opened tp in map and cant join ethernal labaratory. Both maps had 2 unique bosses mods.
Dupe of second map in my stash in 1st socket, Default league.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Portal bug hapens today again for me on 63 map owergrown shrine, no map dupe, tryed enter labaratory old instance wasnt exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info