Summoners and summon update.

More then passives we'll probably need itemization.

There are rly no items for summoner to look after.
+1 summon gem ite,s is pretty much all.

Summons don't scale with items at all and it will be a problem.
There are no interesting uniques for summoners either.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Last edited by pod11 on Aug 12, 2012, 7:01:40 AM
I really would like an AI update for summons, especially zombies.

"A horde of spiders, get em guys!!...guys....guys? where you at?..." *dies*

Wouldn't be a problem if they didn't require corpses. The odd thing is they seem to vanish just as a fight starts :P
"
Naiphe wrote:
I really would like an AI update for summons, especially zombies.

"A horde of spiders, get em guys!!...guys....guys? where you at?..." *dies*

Wouldn't be a problem if they didn't require corpses. The odd thing is they seem to vanish just as a fight starts :P

GG know this , and its one of main points being worked on in summon update, so its not something you should be worried about.
WOW, it seems there are rly very few summoners out there.
Also is it a little too much to ask for some sort of party interface for minions. At the very least so that you know how many you still have, and how much hp they have.

I'm not looking to clutter up the UI or take up too much screen real estate; possibly just make it a toggleable feature?
"
Moodyb wrote:
Also is it a little too much to ask for some sort of party interface for minions. At the very least so that you know how many you still have, and how much hp they have.

I'm not looking to clutter up the UI or take up too much screen real estate; possibly just make it a toggleable feature?

Some sort of UI for summons is mentioned in the beta manifesto post on summons.

I'm starting to have mana problems from my expensive health/damage support gem zombies wandering off constantly. I may have to shelve my summoner until the patch lands.
Open beta is still BETA.
Summoner update is huge for me. I've tried creating a few different summoners, but the system is so poor that I just give up. I read about some of the proposed updates and am excited for it. When the update comes out, I'll give it a try for sure.

Things I'd like to see:

1) UI and AI fix. I know this is talked about and GGG is aware of it. We need to know how many minions we have up at all times. The AI needs to be fixed as well.

2) Items: Give us some cool items that boost our summons. GGG has to know that summoners will be a huge part of the game when it's done correctly.

3) More interesting passive nodes: instead of just +1 minion or whatever, give us some cool passives.

4) variance in summoners: there are more than one type of summoners... accommodate us.

- I want to go full "fishy" then let me do it.. but my minions should be the strongest out of the bunch.

- I want to go a bit hybrid where I have minions but also use magic spells, then cool.

- I want to go like a 'fishy' but instead of trying to keep my summons up I want to use the keystone that has them blow up before they die... cool.

and there are more.. but give us keystones that do this for all.
Last edited by imthedan on Aug 12, 2012, 7:07:38 PM
"
imthedan wrote:
Summoner update is huge for me. I've tried creating a few different summoners, but the system is so poor that I just give up. I read about some of the proposed updates and am excited for it. When the update comes out, I'll give it a try for sure.

Things I'd like to see:

1) UI and AI fix. I know this is talked about and GGG is aware of it. We need to know how many minions we have up at all times. The AI needs to be fixed as well.

2) Items: Give us some cool items that boost our summons. GGG has to know that summoners will be a huge part of the game when it's done correctly.

3) More interesting passive nodes: instead of just +1 minion or whatever, give us some cool passives.

4) variance in summoners: there are more than one type of summoners... accommodate us.

- I want to go full "fishy" then let me do it.. but my minions should be the strongest out of the bunch.

- I want to go a bit hybrid where I have minions but also use magic spells, then cool.

- I want to go like a 'fishy' but instead of trying to keep my summons up I want to use the keystone that has them blow up before they die... cool.

and there are more.. but give us keystones that do this for all.

A lot of this is in the game. Perhaps you haven't noticed it because you haven't gone summoner?

1) UI will be along.

2) There is a +1 to summoning gem item affix, and specific support gems that work on summons like added speed, health, damage. Also supports like chance to flee or elemental damage can be applied to your summons. There are also flasks that grant a % of the health you get to your minions.

3) I don't think you've looked at the passive tree very closely. Summoners have passives that are as interesting as any other witch build, possibly more so. There are four relevant keystones, Necromantic Aegis, Minion Instability, Hex Master, and Whispers of Doom. Leadership would probably also be in a full summon build. The minion health, number of minions,etc. are no less interesting than 8% fire damage or 15% crit chance. Most of the non-keystone passives are pretty dull. Full summoner builds will be possible once the AI is sorted, and hybrid summons/casting builds are viable now. I'm well into Ruthless with a fire/summoner and doing fine.

4) There are already three different types of summons in-game. Given that you will be running two curses, at least one aura, and you will need damage/escape spells if your minions die, you will find yourself out of skill slots with any more than three types of summon spells.
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Aug 13, 2012, 1:37:54 AM
While I have only dabbled in playing a summoner(lvl 18), I think that one thing that would help would be to introduce some hotkeys for the minions. You could have one hot key for each type of summon, which you could press while mousing over, to attack or maybe even just move that group of minions to a location.

Also, maybe include a priority interface where you can adjust your minions behavior. Regardless, I'm sure GGG has something awesome in the works.
Admittedly, I haven't tried a summoner build. I got one to around 15 but gave up on it because it was too hard to keep track of my minions. Plus, when I had them up, it was hard to tell them apart from enemy zombies/skeletons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info