Character Wipe :)

Hey guys,

i know after the closed beta which we are currently having our characters will be reseted (not wiped, not erased).

My Question is are we going to keep our characters from the open Open Beta?? (which should be like before the Launch of the Live Servers)

i looked in the Forums but i didnt find anything

me and search machines are no good friends :D

:D
Our search function is a bit screwy to say the least. :)

The last wipe will be Closed to Open. After that, the devs have the delightful responsibility of making as many changes as they can without incurring what would have been a character wipe in Closed Beta. This is why the transition from Closed Beta to Open is so significant.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
nvm :D thanks
Last edited by denniswhawley on Aug 11, 2012, 2:40:53 AM
Gonna miss all my lootz.
How many chars are we allowed to keep?
ign: Ron
"
Alegor wrote:

As many as you have upto the standard 24 or if you spend some GGGold on extras those as well.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
Flavious wrote:
"
Alegor wrote:

As many as you have upto the standard 24 or if you spend some GGGold on extras those as well.

That would be awesome, but I'm afraid GGG will not sell a single 'Extra Character Slot' from shop- is there any official statement on this?
ign: Ron
"
Charan wrote:
Our search function is a bit screwy to say the least. :)

The last wipe will be Closed to Open. After that, the devs have the delightful responsibility of making as many changes as they can without incurring what would have been a character wipe in Closed Beta. This is why the transition from Closed Beta to Open is so significant.

So, they plan to never wipe the Default or Hardcore Leagues? Would at least like to see a Hardcore wipe (or demotion to default) once a year... not very competitive otherwise.

Thanks
"
Alegor wrote:
"
Flavious wrote:
"
Alegor wrote:

That would be awesome, but I'm afraid GGG will not sell a single 'Extra Character Slot' from shop- is there any official statement on this?

I'm afraid they do...same price as an extra stash tab 30 GGGold :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/

@Daath

The wipe will cover all leagues with the exception of legacy. It would make no sense whatsoever to leave them not to mention the unfair advantage leveled char would have in said leagues.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
Flavious wrote:

@Daath

The wipe will cover all leagues with the exception of legacy. It would make no sense whatsoever to leave them not to mention the unfair advantage leveled char would have in said leagues.

Thanks for the reply, but I guess I was not very clear.

I am referring to HC League getting wiped periodically after open beta. (ala, battlenet wiping Ladders)

About demoting to Default League: I guess this would be a problem, as moving character to default is easy but dumping the stash would be a problem.

if HC League is never wiped, it seems like it would get very stale. Not very competitive, and no point to joining a league that has already been running for years.

Still looking for this info on the site and not able to find it. My apologies if it’s already been asked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info