Please *reduce* the map drop rate. I need more Fellshrine runs.

"
MorriganGrey wrote:
People say it takes a couple hours past level 60 to grind out the XP loss from a death. (Dunno, only lvl 40.) That seems a bit extreme.

Not really. Seriously. Didn't you mean after 70? Maybe it used to take long because there was no content above level 60.
✠ ✠
"
MorriganGrey wrote:
Funny writing. :) A beta test is obviously going to have stability issues. It's sort of a non-issue since your character will be wiped anyway.

I'd rather have an XP penalty than dying be trivial. It encourages me to stay on my toes. People say it takes a couple hours past level 60 to grind out the XP loss from a death. (Dunno, only lvl 40.) That seems a bit extreme.

At 60 you can get back death XP in 10 minutes or less.

It goes up from there mostly because you won't be fighting monsters higher level than 58-60, unless you have lots of high level maps (very few people do).

Come open beta with a game that has monsters all the way to 80something, I don't expect the death XP loss to be any more than 10 minutes until the mid 80's or lvl 90+.
I suggest playing a new character when you get to 6X and have run a few maps with it. Way better than Fellshrine farming until GGG figures out what to do with the death penalty.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
MorriganGrey wrote:
Funny writing. :) A beta test is obviously going to have stability issues. It's sort of a non-issue since your character will be wiped anyway.

I'd rather have an XP penalty than dying be trivial. It encourages me to stay on my toes. People say it takes a couple hours past level 60 to grind out the XP loss from a death. (Dunno, only lvl 40.) That seems a bit extreme.

At 60 you can get back death XP in 10 minutes or less.

It goes up from there mostly because you won't be fighting monsters higher level than 58-60, unless you have lots of high level maps (very few people do).

Come open beta with a game that has monsters all the way to 80something, I don't expect the death XP loss to be any more than 10 minutes until the mid 80's or lvl 90+.

There's no way in hell a level in the late 70s+ will take less than an hour and a half even with content up that high.

Anyway, chalk up another person frustrated with losing progress based on something out of my control. I'm not even in maps yet. For whatever reason, recent patches completely tanked my performance.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
Last edited by Caiada on Aug 14, 2012, 1:31:51 AM
4.5/5 entertaining post, would read again
Seems to me there's nothing wrong with the death penalty itself, if we're being perfectly honest. The problem is server instability, lag, and in my case, graphics-induced-performance issues (since my computer blows). Once these issues are ironed out, I don't think we'll have so many people complaining about the death penalty. Of course it feels steep when you die because of lag and DC. When you die just because you suck, well then it's fair.

By the way, OP, I hope you write satire for a living. Very amusing post!
Last edited by teacherpeter on Aug 14, 2012, 2:11:39 AM
Need to add exp loss brackets.

Example:

15% 1-50

10% 50-60

5% 70+

Possibly going even lower depending how grindy the later levels become.
IGN: VAJordan
"
The risk of death due to disconnect, or due to lag, or due to my own incompetence, or due to my cat walking onto my keyboard, or due to the batteries in my mouse running out, is simply too high.

Maybe your rent is too damn high?
Last edited by Krizzen on Aug 14, 2012, 3:17:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info