Finally got a key but don't even want to play... :*(

I played that abomination of an ARPG, Diablo III, for nearly 200 hours. I don't know what it is about PoE, but I can't bring myself to play it for even a few hours.

I think a lot of it has to do with how stale the game feels. It doesn't feel like a real, believable world to me like D3 did.

Here are some of my pros and cons. Right now, the cons outweigh the pros:

PROS:

-great textures and shaders
-useful drops
-awesome item system
-deep passive skill tree

CONS:

-shoddy animation
-dated art style
-flat world
-horrendous health, mana, items, skills UI (bottom bar)
-even with high end items, character looks like a peasant (in D3 you feel like a God)
-repetitive, not user-friendly UI (can't even right click to equip items...wtf?)

I guess I'm glad I waited for a free key. While I'm still optimistic, as this is a Beta, and I'll see how this game turns out at a later point, I wish I could find myself interested in playing now. Maybe when they add a story, voice acting and, overall, a more believable world, it will be playable for me.
Last edited by Syndicat3 on Aug 10, 2012, 4:01:40 PM
Hm, quite the opposite for me, i played it for around 5-6 hours straight(got the beta key today) and just stopped to eat dinner. Really like the game so far, so much that im kinda afraid for my Guild Wars 2(pre-purchased it). Hope ill be able to find a fine line between those 2 and not play only 1 of them lol..
The feeling i got after the first dungeon chest i opened was the nostalgic thing diablo 2 did for me when it first came out.. And i have synced thousands of hours in D2 for sure.. Bought D3 but i regret it now.. It was way dumped down and has far too watered drops so that the RMAH isnt saturated with rare items..

Its true that the graphics are as you said flat i watched some live game play for a few hours but you have to remember that this is a BETA and graphics in D3 beta were terrible and its Grinding gears not Blizz who had a lot more money to spend on texture mapping and terrain. I used to play text based muds no graphics there the only GUI you could obtain was a macro for movement and health. I would take a dark , underdeveloped and stale world and gain a great PVP system awesome items and customization super cool tech tree that has almost unlimited options all this over a pretty world were all the characters are the same with the same skills and same power levels. We have become graphic snobs in the 2000 era of gaming its sad that you would choose graphics over game play.

-Not always with age comes wisdom often with age breeds ignorance : Confucius
Defualt - Templar Battle Mage
HC - Ranger Bow Master
HC - Marauder Two Handed Master
In Training - Duelist/ Dual Wield ?

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.- Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
Last edited by xAntiHerox on Aug 10, 2012, 4:14:57 PM
Oh no poor you :(
I disagree.

Animations are fine.
The art style is awesome, I love the dark art style.
The world isn't "flat"
UI actually has been improved.
Thats a design choice, you're an exile not a half god/half human.
They are working on getting things like Act 3 and PVP ready for the Open Beta, they aren't worrying about convenience at the moment.
@OP,

You haven't given the game a good enough try yet. Once you get to lvl 15 and then 20 and then 25, it jsut keeps getting better and better.

Unlike D3 that starts out with you as a "god", then gets boring towards the end... this game does the opposite. You start weak (as you should) and slowly grow more and more powerful.

For me lvl 15+ maurader started to get really fun and lvl20+ for my ranger.
I played the open beta and Im pretty jealous that you got a beta key and people like me that really enjoy gameplay over graphics dont get to play the game. Go back to D3!!!
-even with high end items, character looks like a peasant

that is rly the only thing that bothers me. no matter how good unique item is it will look the same like all the rest u have. im lvl 45 at the moment.
i rly hope they add more item skins in the future.
whoala my unique peasant shoes
Unavailable
Last edited by slickw2 on Aug 10, 2012, 5:27:15 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Well they are Wool shoes. Cant be that magnificent :D I like the armors of my marauder just fine so far.
i played the D3 public stress test...
i really wasnt that impressed...
sure...it has the eye candy...

i played the PoE public stress test...
and i was impressed...
by a no budget, no name, garage band...

first time i saw the passive tree it was 'Holy #uck!'
wow...no ingame cash?! what...no gold spammers?
gems that level??!! now thats interesting
i can modify anything and everything???!!! schweet
huh? no BoP/BoE...its all tradeable? nice
all content available to all! awesome
not to mention the fact that its still beta...
not to mention the fact that its F2P...

i just like the whole damn set-up

i'd hate to see what these guys could do
with a real budget! lol
they can have some of my $, when i get some

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info